Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Can't send or receive email. It says IMAP.aol.com is not

Customer Question

Can't send or receive email. It says IMAP.aol.com is not responding
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is Safari / internet currently working fine on the iPad?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Is your AOL email currently working at the AOL website http://mail.aol.com/?

Please try the following:

- Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If that does not work, open Settings app icon, then tap on the option Mail, Contacts, Calendars on the left, then tap on your AOL email account there, then delete account for now

, then tap on Add account, and select option AOL, and continue.

- If that still does not work, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and tap on your AOL account, then delete account again, but do not add it back

, then open App Store app icon, then there, type / search for AOL, then install the AOL Mail... app

, then use the Aol app for your email.

- If all fails, please try: disconnect the power cord from your internet / wireless modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect

, then on the iPad, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have you tried my suggestions yet (scroll up / down this web page in order to see all my suggestions as needed.)

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still not working on the ipad or i phone

I'm sorry, were you able to try all my suggestions? Or were you stuck at any step?

Are you able to install / open the Aol app right now?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,