Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I use Outlook on my Imac. My mac.com account won't send

Customer Question
I use Outlook for email...
I use Outlook for email on my Imac. My mac.com account won't send emails & keeps saying to put in my Passcode. I have done that repeatedly trying different possibilities. None work.
So I don't know the passcode they are looking for. How can I put in a new passcode?
Thanks,
Mary
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
8/18/2015
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Are you able to access your @mac.com email using Safari web browser? This is to test if the password ***** are trying to use is correct or not.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
I've been trying to do that but can't figure out how to access my @mac.com email using Safari web browser. I keep getting all these chats among other people.
Are you there, Jess M.?
Thank you for writing back with that information. Yes, I am still here.
When you are on Safari, please go to this link:
https://www.icloud.com/
Sign in with your full email address (including the part @mac.com) and then enter the password ***** test if you can sign in.
Regards,
Jess
I guess you want me to use the temporary pascode that you sent me. Now I can't find it.
I just paid 429 to get this answer. I don't want to pay another $20.
that's $29
The password ***** gave me did not work. I tried another one and it works on line. Shouldn't it work when I am on Outlook? .
I just sent a test email & it won't send. The prompt said Connection to the server failed or was dropped. So I am right back to where I started.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. You mentioned that after you tried the second one, it worked online. Are you referring to accessing it on Safari? Is the second password ***** when you try to sign in to your account on Safari?
I went to the iCloud address you gave me. The passcode you gave me did not work. I put in a password ***** I have tried while onOutlook. It worked online but it still does not work while on Outlook. What next. I am very frustrated. I can't pay another $20 to get this one question answered. I just paid $29 to get on this site.
I've been at this over an hour. Your email seems to be saying that you won't help me any more. I am signing off.
I am very sorry about the issue and the confusion it caused you. I believe there settings in your Outlook is causing this problem, and not the password ***** it worked on your Safari.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist