Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

I had system 8 in my computer---and I never used a password

Customer Question

I had system 8 in my computer---and I never used a password (I ALWAYS HIT later). I installed system 10 and I MUS T have a password ***** enter---but I do not have a password ***** works. What must I do to get into my computer?
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. The newer Windows operating systems require that you created Microsoft accounts. You can create this account with your current email. You do not need to create a new Microsoft email.

Please follow these steps:

1) Go to this website: https://login.live.com/

2) Click on the blue words toward the bottom right that say "Sign Up Now"

3) Create your Microsoft ID using your current email address (the same one that appears on your Window 10 computer when it prompts you for a password).

4) Once you verify your email and complete the signup process, restart your Windows 10 computer and use the password ***** just created with your Microsoft ID (make sure the email address on the Windows 10 login screen matches the email you just used to create your new Microsoft ID).

5) Your computer will connect to Microsoft and verify your login information and you should be good to go.

Here is some additional supporting information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-how