CompDoc
CompDoc, Information Systems Specialist
Experience:  I have used Microsoft outlook for over 20 years
39833143

I tried to get help non google program and made the mistake

Customer Question

I tried to get help for a non google program and made the mistake of contacting an Indian tech.. he ask for my gmail, and unfortunatly I gave it to him , -- by the time I realized he was a phony, and I hung up on him. then when i tried to sign into my account the messagei said that my sign belonged to someone (bobxxxxx) which was me,,
also my gmail had disappeared. - the tech had also substituted my non gmail address - ***@******.*** into what was left of my gmail account -- pretty messy -- is tehre and way to get my gmail back??
Category: Email
Expert:  CompDoc replied 2 years ago.

I found this for you

I can’t sign in to my account

If you can’t sign in to your account, your login credentials may have been changed. Please fill out our account recovery form to help us process your request as quickly as possible.

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?ard=AHwGkRk4wTJmCGJnqCZadyY8C_QyIr6i0nQQ396qBhCqstcQj9d6KvAIyguArKpoX69idX5JCUJxooH7jcOWNrmVoUKEl-q94lZw6fM2V0eusFIauPLyRDBINI3xNVYRP-uTfB5wuNbGsLIZ26CZ-6uRb6rjiWMPDg

The sooner you do this the faster you can get it back. You have to follow this for Google security and NEVER NEVER give out a password!

Expert:  CompDoc replied 2 years ago.

How to use your existing account recovery options in the event you’re unable to log into your account

For all options, you will need to do the following:

1. Visit our password ***** page.
  2. Enter your username.
  3. Click Submit.
  4. If your Gmail username is ***** ***** CAPTCHA will appear (letters in a distorted picture), which needs to be typed in the empty box below.
  5. Click Submit.

To be contacted via:

Email:

Your mobile phone number:

1. Choose the radio button which says ‘Text mesage to ********XX.
  2. A text message will be sent to your mobile phone with a password-reset code.
  3. Enter the password-reset code on the following Text message code verification page.

If you're unable to use any of your existing account recovery options on the password ***** page, click I no longer have access to these and you’ll be given a series of questions to verify that you own the account.

The questions we ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. It also helps to submit your answers from a computer you've used in the past.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I got so far behind in trying to follow follow your instructiions -but 'i have an appointment and must leave -- will try to talk another time
Farewell
Expert:  CompDoc replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Just take your time. There are some very odd scams out there. Your not alone.