Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Recently I moved from South America to the US. Because of

Customer Question
that I have several Gmail...
Recently I moved from South America to the US. Because of that I have several Gmail accounts that I cannot access and cannot recover.
Now I am very grateful with Google and welcome their striving for security, but this time I think they have gone too far. In fact, for me to recover my accounts I would need to have the proverbial memory of an elephant: when did I open the account?, what was the date when I last accessed it?, five email addresses and four labels I had in each account? what was the last recovery email?
If my memory is not as good as Google expects, I need to verify my account through a call or SMS to my registered cellular phone number, which, obviously I cancelled before moving. If not, it is suggested that I ACCESS MY ACCOUNT and change the phone number or add a second one. Genius.
This is my problem and it is a very serious one. Hope that some of you guys have a solution and wholeheartedly thank you in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Forgot one last beauty. If everything fails, go back to the computer and IP address and answer their questions from there. Brilliant! Is Google paying for the trip and other expenses? Never mind that I no longer subscribe to that internet provider.
Sorry. From the computer I used to open the accounts years ago.
8/9/2015
Email technician: Michael Hannigan, Email Expert replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question (I hope).

I definitely understand what you're going through. And it is absolutely security to the point of being absolutely bonkers. Most normal people even with out elephant or with elephant memory or whatever would remember that do not remember the specifics of their email account that this company expects you to remember. Furthermore, this is a free email account in which people put personal data at their own risk, and I think most people understand that and do not actually require Fort Knox type security on their email (Hillary Clinton excepted).

Anyway, you have to get through this security to get your account back and now that you're no longer in the United States it is nearly impossible to impossible to do. Because of course, your IP is suspicious your location is suspicious the computer you're using is probably suspicious and the times you login are different, so you must be someone hacking this precious email account. Now, if humans were available to talk to a Google they could talk like we are here understand that it's you and give you access to your account. But we know that humans there that will talk to us don't actually exist.

I may be able to help you in that if you would like me to access your account from here after giving me the private after giving me the information privately that I would need to do so, I can make whatever changes you would need to be made in order to then access it from down there or at least get the information you would need to access the reset system – the folders the frequent contacts etc. It's just as invasive an offer as anything else would be if someone broke into your account except that I take my fiduciary responsibility as a professional engineer seriously and I couldn't care less what is in your email account. I just want to help you get into it.

PS you're lucky if you can get Google to pay for the phone call, much less the trip – especially with their new female CFO who is a penny pincher. Make no mistake, they don't care if you ever get your email account back. But I do so I'll do whatever I can to help you out. In order to make this happen privately I would have to submit you for approval and additional services offer. That is the only way we are able to exchange personal information. I know how much that sounds like a scam to take advantage of people who are in a tough spot, but I promise you that's not the reason I'm asking to do this. I will actually do it for the smallest amount that I can just so we can get that private channel open for the information. Of course if you don't want to do that and there's something else I can do to help then don't except that no continue to help you here is much as I possibly can.

I couldn't agree with you more about Google and about the process that they are making you go through, but if it makes you feel any better, it's not just you, it's everybody who lives a life as a normal human being. I've always had my Gmail account intact because I do not.

I am sorry, Michael, but I am not satisfied by your answer. In fact, it's not even an answer but a request for more funds to ATTEMPT to satisfy my request.On top of that, you got it upside down. I know my English is not very good, but I stated very clearly that I moved FROM South America TO the US, not the other way around.So, please tell me what to do, wait for a better answer or cancel and request a refund?BTW, JustAnswer was supposed to charge the additional $13 ONCE I say that I am satisfied, but they charged it anyway without even asking. Not nice, as it doesn't speak well of the integrity of the system.Regards,Sandro
If you have concerns with the site, please contact JustAnswer directly. My integrity is impeccable, and I have given you no reason to suggest otherwise. Since you have, I have chosen to opt out of the question. You will then be able to work with an expert with whose integrity you are comfortable.
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To be straight and honest, you are in a very difficult position. It is critical with these email accounts you always keep valid information associated with it, which in this case would have been a working secondary email address.
But, the automated tools will not be able to help you regain access Sandro.
You will need to follow the manual process, it is the only option left in your situation.
You'll need a working email account so they can contact you on it. I advise to make a temporary one here if you do not have one.
https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail
Then go to this link and fill in the form please.
https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2?p=
You will then need to allow up to 48 hours for Google to contact you with the instructions to reset your password.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Mike: please read again and tell me where do I suggest anything about YOUR integrity.Richard, I do have a working email account. Let me try the second link you are giving me. I need to recover at least ten other accounts. Will start with one and see what happens. Will be back here with the result. Thank you.
Thank you
Bad news so far, after completing the request I immediately received an automatic response with instructions to follow the same process I've used a number of times and failed. Should I expect another reply in 48 hours as you mentioned?
No, as that was the reply.
If they are pushing you back to the process which you cannot complete, then you are not going to regain access to that account.
This is the only option that you have left.
I know its not what you want to hear but its why it is critical to always keep valid data up to date on your account for recovery purposes as these free email accounts do not offer any real support when you get into this situation.
But you would need to make a new account in this instance.
That's it? There is ABSOLUTELY no way for me to recover my stuff? No way to contact somebody directly in Google?
I know I can open a new account, but I need access to my emails and data that is mine!
I cannot give up on this, so I'll appreciate any other suggestion. Thank you.
That is it, again as its a free service there is no actual support, else they would be supporting billions of people, hence why they only offer automated tools which I described.
You are of course free to keep searching but you will need to face up to the fact that the account has been lost.
Richard, Email Systems Specialist