Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My email is. [email protected] I have a pop-up on my

Customer Question
My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** email is.***@******.***
I have a pop-up on my computer: The page at 18search.com says: Warning: Possible Virus detected! To protect your safety we have temporarily limited your use of your browser, Call now:(###) ###-####
I did call that number, I talked to this guy from India (Kept telling me how qualified he is!) He was very rude and very impatient! Evidently I was not able to do what he expected me to do, That's when I told him I'am 78 years old and I thought he was very rude! Evidently I brushed his ego since he hung up on me!
So for the past two days my computer has been locked-up! I do hope you can PLEASE help me and if you like, you may call me: 651'860-0702. THANK YOU! RAY
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
8/4/2015
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better

1. Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other

2.Are you getting this warning message on Chrome browser?

3.Do you have any other web browsers installed in the PC like Firefox or Internet explorer?

4.Did the person who you talked to asked for remote access or opening any specific application on the PC which will allow him to access the PC?

5.Are you able to boot windows and login to desktop screen?

Sincerely,

Windows, I don't know what number, If you need the number, how do I find it?
The Pop-up has nothing on it to tell me if it from Chrome browser or not.
Not that I know of.
He told me to put down the Google key, on the lower left of my keyboard: ctrl key, fn key, the next key, search key? Is the key he told me to press down, which I did but, he evidently wanted another key because he got very hostile! Because of that and the fact I told him he was rude, he hung up on me and left my computer locked-up!
I can not access my computer, it is locked-up!
I'am conversing with you on my cell phone.

Thank you for the details.I am not sure what he meant by Google key but no need to worry about that.

By locked up you mean you cannot access windows desktop screen.Till which part does windows load ?

If possible can you take a picture of the screen you get locked up and send it to me using this paper clip icon on this chat page.

Sincerely,

Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you still need my help if so please let me know by answering the above questions so that I can help you better.

Sincerely,

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist