Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Outlook 2010 won't send emails after Windows 10 upgrade. The

Customer Question

Outlook 2010 won't send emails after Windows 10 upgrade. The error comes up and says " 8x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network verify your network connection or modem". I receive mails and can send mails by gmail.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
This problem can be caused by many things. I may need to analyze your setup before I am able to give you the correct solution.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jason,
I have not been able to resolve the problem yet. This weekend I installed the upgrade for Windows 10 (I was using Windows 8.1 before) and I have been having trouble sending email from my Outlook account (Outlook 2010) since. I was able to send a few acknowledgments for meetings which where sent to me by mail. I receive emails and I can send mail from my Gmail account, so the problem is not with my connection. To me it seems they have a bug in Windows 10.Of course you are welcome to communicate with a screen sharing app.
Thanks
Ben
Hello Ben,
Thank you for the clarification and update. After you accept the service for remote support, the remote link will be posted here. I will get that ready for you and be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jason,
Is the fee for the remote session in addition to the fee I already paid? Remember, I was promised a satisfactory answer for my question which I haven't really received.
Ben

There is a fee for remote service. I offered the remote service as a favor to you because your problem is not a simple one, meaning that it doesn't have a simple fix. Your mail profile may be corrupt, requiring reconfiguration. There may be a firewall issue, a dns issue, and there may be some other type of related item. In short, the reason there is an additional fee is because it will cost me additional time to analyze the problem for you.

If you do not wish to do the remote, please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jason,
Thanks, ***** ***** figured out the problem myself. As I wrote to you the problem is a bug in Windows 10. To solve the issue close Outlook, then run "sfc/scannow" from the command prompt (run as administrator). The program told me that there had been problems and they had been fixed. After the scan Outlook sent my mails as before.
I kindly expect you to refund the fee you charged as you really didn't help to answer my question.
Thanks
Ben
You are super welcome.
Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.
I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.
I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.
-Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the refund??

It was sent. I sent up the refund request.