Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I still can't log into Thunderbird.

Customer Question

I still can't log into Thunderbird.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. How long ago did this issue start? Also, will thunderbird open at all, or does it crash? Does it give you any error messages? And also, if you would prefer I can speak to you over the phone and connect to your computer from here via a screen sharing session. If you would like to try that additional service, let me know and I will send you the offer. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started Saturday. I texted with a tech yesterday who told me the server was down.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
May I ask what server he said was down? Also, from your response it sounds like Thunderbird is opening. But its a mail server that isnt communication. ( I could be wrong though, as Im having to take guesses at the issue. I need you to be more detailed in your responses please ) How many email accounts do you have connected to thunderbird. For the non working account/s , who are those accounts with. gmail.com, aol.com, comcast.net, yahoo.com Thank you~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have three accounts with Thunderbird. None of them work.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
For the non working account/s , who are those accounts with. gmail.com, aol.com, comcast.net, yahoo.com, etc etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just told you they are with Thunderbird
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
So your email addresses and with @thunderbird.com ? Thunderbird is an email client. Thunderbird is not an email address. What do your three email addresses end with. The part after the @ sign. This will tell me what servers that your mail accounts are using, inside thunderbird.l
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
@mi.rr.com
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
ok, lets test and see if the server is down then. ( doubtful) Go to this link https://webmail.mi.rr.com/?v=bh_theme Try to log into each of your email accounts there. If you can log into them, then the mail server is not down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried logging in at webmail.roadrunner.com and got the same response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. My phone number i s(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon.
Ive just started my shift today. When would be a good time to call you?