Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have hp DESKTOP I did not

Customer Question

i have hp DESKTOP I did not need to have a password ***** use... then you sent me some updates and now i HAVE TO HAVE A PASSWORD ***** TURN ON MY COMPUTOR...
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am an independent licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new computer? Or was it working previously?
Can you confirm it has windows 8?
Did you set up any password ***** account password *****?
Does it just ask for your microsoft account (not account number)?
Is it okay to reset the desktop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand new, in order to set up a new password ***** want?
Or if you have another working Windows or Mac computer, and to make it easier and faster for you, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your Microsoft account issue through the working computer, then you can enter it on the hp desktop?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.