Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

MIchelle A week ago we were telephonically helped, but

Customer Question

Hi MIchelle
A week ago we were telephonically helped, but my keychain keeps popping up with notes like:
keychain cannot be found 2 store registrationV1 and my email
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
At some point, you reset your keychain to default in Keychain Access. That caused your login keychain to be renamed which causes this error.
You need to do the following
In Keychain Access, delete the login keychain from the keychain list. Choose Delete References when prompted, not Delete References & Files.
Then In the Finder, select
Go ▹ Go to Folder...
Enter in
~/Library/Keychains
A folder will open. Rename the file "login.keychain" in that folder to something like "login-old.keychain". Rename the file "login-renamed.keychain" to "login.keychain".
Back in Keychain Access, select
File ▹ Add Keychain...
from the menu bar. Add back the file now named "login.keychain". If any of your needed keychain items are missing from it, also add back the file you named "login-old.keychain".
Once done, it should then functioning correctly again.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please