Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I use outlook 2007 and the "enter network password *****" popping up.

Customer Question
Also, I can receive emails...
I use outlook 2007 and the "enter network password *****" popping up. Also, I can receive emails but cannot send and the message I receive is "cannot connect to server". Using IMAP and outlook.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
7/11/2015
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?
Please reply at the box box below. Thank you.
Windows 7.
Are you able to send emails at the gmail.com website?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Yes I can connect to the server with the same password ***** is popping up. I can also send emails. I would rather not do it remotely if that's ok with you.
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the steps for you and you can see all my troubleshooting.
But I can also provide written instructions per your request. Can you disable the email setting in your antivirus/security program, if it's there? Then see if you can send.
Can you go to Control Panel->Mail (32-bit)
, then Show Profiles..., then add a new profile, then set it to use the new profile and check.
- And make sure you use IMAP and use these settings:
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
imap.gmail.com
Port: 993
Requires SSL:Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires TLS
smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465 or 587
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires authentication: Yes
Use same settings as incoming mail server
Please let me know. Thank you.
Email antivirus has been disabled. I have also tried setting up a new profile. And all IMAP settings are correct. Have tried both 465/587 & 25.
Sorry, even after setting up a new profile and setting it up to use the new profile, you still get the network password *****?
What is the error or message when sending?
Please let me know. Thank you.
Cannot connect to server.
Error code 0x800CCC92
When did this issue first occur?
Was there any change recently to your computer or internet service / modem / router device / etc. that may have caused this issue?
Is your email currently working in a program or app on another computer or tablet or smartphone, etc., if you have?
Thank you.
I do not use emails on any other device. Problem started when I changed my modem. Internet connections were regularly interrupted and I was advise by the telephone company to change the modem.
Connection now solved but other problems crept up...
Can you log in the modem/router and disable firewall or anything that restrict any service?
What are some other programs your computer is having?
Thank you.
How do I do that? The security type of the modem is WPA-Personal and the Encryption type is TKIP. I did call the telephone company and they assured me that the problem does not come from the connection as it does not interfere with my Outlook and my email settings.
Microsoft support team also connected to my computer remotely and ran several tests and all my files seem to be ok. Nothing found.
It seems the modem is blocking the outgoing server smtp.gmail.com. Besides the error message Cannot connect to server / Error code 0x800CCC92, does it also say anything about username / password?
What's the brand/model of your modem device?
Thank you.
Model: ZXHN H108N Product: Home Gateway
Sorry, I was checking on the modem. Can you go to the website below:
http://192.168.1.1
, then log in with username; admin and password; admin
(, and/or or use the username/password ***** the modem or from your internet service provider.)
, then there, check the Security / Application option, and disable firewall, and/or check any other option.
Thank you.
ok. will try.
Thank you.
ok. Security set up was on High i.e Allow legal WAN side access but prohibit Ping from WAN side. I changed it to low so it now allows access to Ping from WAN side. Will that resolve the problem?
Did not change anything else....
Can you close Outlook, then re-open it, then see if you can send an email message in Outlook now? Thank you.
ok. Just tried. Same error message. Received 15 emails from you but cannot send. Email still in outbox. Error 0x800CCC992 Server rejected your login. And enter network password ***** up every minute. Frustrating...
Sorry, so with a new mail profile (created in Control Panel -> Mail (32-bit), it still pops up "Enter network password..."
Error 0x800CCC992 Server rejected your login means there is issue with login/password. Go to Tools menu, then Account Settings..., then select your gmail account, then click on Change..., then click on More settings, then make sure the option "User same settings as my incoming mail server", then check.
If needed, make sure Less secure apps option is Allow, then check sending:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
If it does not work, please go to Start->Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage another account, and create a new account, and select the Administrator option when prompted, then restart the computer, then log in the new account, and then open Outlook and it will prompt you to set up your gmail, then see if sending works fine in the new account.
Please let me know. Thank you.
I deleted my account yesterday and set up a new one. It did not work. When I tried the "test account settings" the same error message appeared and the prompt for the password ***** appearing. I can try again.
I only have one email account which is***@******.*** How do I create a new account?
No, you would create a new user account on the computer, it has nothing to do with email; you can follow my steps.
Or if you change your mind, I can connect remotely to your computer and check together with you. When troubleshooting, I might see something else. Thank you.
I have tried the google lessapps option and the message was that my email server did not support the lessapps option.
Oh I see. When changing account settings in Outlook, did you click on "More settings...", then click on the "Outgoing Server" tab at the top, then make sure the option "Use same settings as my incoming mail server", then check.
Thank you.
Yes I did. Trying to set up new a/c now. Computer very slow. How do I get back in touch with you once I have restarted my computer. I will have to close this tab.
You can always click on the View Response link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email (either at the gmail.com website or in Outlook) in order to get back to me at this web page. Thank you.
Created new user. Set up gmail etc. as per your instructions. Enter password ***** still pops up and error message connecting to server.......
Are you still there?
I'm really sorry, I'm out of ideas, but let me open the issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience.
Will that be today? I have been dealing with this issue for days and my patience is running thin.
Yes, should be today. Thank you.
Where are you located?
I'm located in the United Sates, but we have experts in other countries also. Thank you.
I am in Mauritius. 8 hours ahead of EST. Thank you. Looking forward to receiving an email soon.
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
May i remotely connect with you to check this directly?
Thanks
Received a message to "rate your service". I cannot give you a rating as you were not the one to deal with my problem. I was in contact with Viet who could not resolve my issues.Please do not ask again. Thank you.
These are automated messages. Viet has opted out of the question and now it is open to me. The issue you are experiencing can be better assisted with remote session, when we do remote you will be able to see what i am doing and disconnect when you want to.