Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

When I try to delete messages on my iPhone I receive the message

Customer Question

When I try to delete messages on my iPhone I receive the message "Unable to Move Message" The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Time Warner Cable (twc.com)
Thank you. Please try this first: Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.
- If needed, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Your Account > Mail > Turn Mail off and then, wait a minute, then turn Mail back on, then check.
- If that does not work, please try the following:
1. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on your email account.
2. Tap on "Account" if needed
3. Scroll down and tap on "Advanced"
4. Make sure the item "Deleted Mailbox" is set to "Trash". If not, then tap on it.
5. Select the option "Trash" in the section "On My iPhone."
6. Tap on "Done" at the top right, then tap on "Advanced" in the top left, then tap on "Account" in the top left, then "Done" in the top right.
7. Check deleting.
(If it does not work, at step #6, select the option "Trash" in the section "On The Server" instead, then check.)
- If that still does not work, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on your email account, then tap on the Advanced option, then tap the empty option "IMAP Path Prefix". Then type INBOX in all uppercase letters. Then tap on Account at the top, then tap on Done. Then check.
- If needed, in your email, tap Index > Edit. Then find the email messages that you can’t move/delete and then select them. Then tap Mark and Mark as Read (or Unread). Then check.
By the way, is your email currently working fine on a windows or mac computer, if you have?
If all fails, I will troubleshoot further. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,