Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I believe my email, Facebook and other accounts have been hacked…

Customer Question
I believe my email, Facebook...
I believe my email, Facebook and other accounts have been hacked by an ex.
I need someone that has the expertise to look at the code (VIEW SOURCE) and determine if my site have been compromised. I am not tech savvy but when I look at it, I see a lot of
changes to code with “hidden” all over the place and I cannot access information accurately.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
7/3/2015
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
The code your viewing is the source of the web page, and that has no connection with the security of your account, because this code is hosted on the servers, and no body (except Facebook) has access to modify the pages. You have limited control with your account.
But what we can do is check for account activity to see who logged in from where which will help us in this case.
Who is your e-mail with and what exactly you noticed that lead you in thinking that the account has been compromised?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks

I don’t need you to fix it…it can’t be…it has been going on to long. I just want verification my information is being accessed

1) FACEBOOK: LOGIN: xxxxxxxxxx

P/W: xxxxxxxxxxxx

go to the link below. It is a site you post notes to and photos…..if you go to “inspect element “ (i think) there are all these “hidden” codes…….I just want to know if that is normal.

While you are looking at that, I will type out the email request.

I am unable to login from here, it requires me to verify via images since i am logging in from a different IP.

But i have understood your request, and as i have stated, the source code you're viewing, is the code of the content hosted on Facebook.

If some one had to hack you, they will use your password ***** login or they will put a key logger on your system to record your key strokes and use that later. This is how it works, no body will inject a code (neither can they) in an app or facebook code to hack, because these are hosted on a different server, and you're logging in via Facebook.com (so that is very unrelated)

If you still want me to look at the code, then i would suggest you copy paste each line of that code here, and i will explain what the function of that code is here.

You have sent me personal information on this question. Please tell me if there are any further questions about this question or may i request this information to be marked as private and we can close the question.