Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Is there a way to export Windows Live... Is there a way to

Customer Question
export Windows Live Mail Calendar...
Is there a way to export Windows Live... Is there a way to export Windows Live Mail Calendar (Windows 7) to Google Calendar? Or must I do it "manually" single entry by single entry? 01 July 2015 04:57 01 July 2015 05:06 Michael Norman Michael Norman Email
technician, Order ID: 15411095-630 Hello. My name is, Mike. The best way to do what you want is to sync your calendars from your .Live Mail account to your Gmail account. Below I have provided a link to a page that gives you the step-by-step instructions.
http://webapps.stackexchange.com 01 July 2015 05:15 Thank you! After I synch them can I then delete my Windows Live Mail without affecting my Google Calendar (and mail)? Also, I forgot to tell you that my email Windows Live Mail program was installed onto
my Gmail account originally. In other words, my email comes from the server and then to Gmail and then to Windows Live Mail. 01 July 2015 05:23 Michael Norman Michael Norman Email technician Okay, if you want to disable your Live Mail account altogether, then
your best bet to ensure you don't lose anything is to import your Live Mail calendar into Gmail. Live Mail doesn't have a simple export option for the calendar, however there is a workaround for it. I have provided instructions below. Once done and you confirm
that your calendar in Gmail is correct, then you can deactivate your Live Mail account. 1. In Windows Live calendar select "Share" and select your calendar then mark "Share this calendar" and tick "Make your calendar public" (temporarily) 2. You will see option
to get the ICS link that says "ICS:Import into another calendar application" - click that and copy the feed URL that begins "webcal://cid-...." 3. In Google Calendar click "Add by URL" from the "Add" on the left hand side, paste in the URL you copied in step
3 and make sure you tick "Make the calendar publicly accessible?" You now have the calendar fed into Gcal but not yet imported. 4. Go into the fed Calendar's settings under Settings>Calendars (click on calendar name) and click on the green ICAL button and
open the link in your browser and copy all the ics code/text you see and paste into a text editor like notepad and save as an ics e.g. mycal.ics 5. Go to Import Calendars in Gcal (Settings>Calendars>Import Calendars) and import the new file you just made to
your preferred calendar most likely your primary and all being well your import is complete. 6. Unsubscribe the fed calendar in Gcal and return to Windows Live and uncheck your calendar as Public to complete the process. -------------------------------------
WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2011 Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308) Copyright © 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved If the issue persists, please contact Customer Care at(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
7/2/2015
Email technician: Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Hello. This is, Mike. Are you still having issues?
Thankyou. Yes, I am having a problem with the first step (out of 6) of the procedure you sent me to help me export my Windows Live Mail Calendar to the Gmail Calendar. I could not find "Share" on my Live Email/Calendar. I am wondering if the problem is that my version is WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2011 Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). Copyright © 2010 Microsoft Corporation.
Okay. I think the issue is you need to use your Windows Live ID which is the same ID for your Windows Live Mail, and you need to sign into the Windows Live Calendars. Try this: 1) Visit the Windows Live Calendar webpage http://calendar.live.com and log on by using your Windows Live ID.2) Click the Share button and select the calendar that you want to export.3) Select the option Share this calendar.4) Put a check mark in the item topic Make Calendar Public.5) Under the category Links that show event details, click ICS: Import into another calendar application.6) Select and copy the URL displayed without the webcal:// prefix.7) Open a new Internet Explorer window, paste the URL without the webcal:// prefix in the address bar and press Enter.8) Save the calendar .ICS file on your Desktop.9) Repeat the steps 5 to 13 for each calendar that you want to exportLet me know if you continue to have issues. You can simply respond back to this thread.
I could not complete "Step #4" because I couldn't locate "Make Calendar Public". However, I was able to complete all other steps and now have my Calendar in Google format on my desktop along with a "Calendar_files" folder. I am not able to get that calendar in Google's apps. Shouldn't I be able to?
I also have no control over entries on the calendar. In other words, I am unable to add or delete events.
This should help. It provides pictures along with the instructions.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/30834/add-an-ical-or-.ics-calendar-to-google-calendar/
I don't have MS Outlook Mail. In addition my MS Live Mail is screwed up, it is not supported by MS any longer, and that is my fault and the reason I am transfering over to Gmail. I am weary of trying to export my old MS Live Mail Calendar to the Google Calendar.I have tried all the suggestions you have provided and I thank you for your efforts. None of the problems are your fault but only my own. Therefore, I will do it manually. I have all the information necessary to do this.Fritz
MS Live Mail, MS Outlook, and MS Hotmail are all one in the same now. Microsoft converged them. So as long as you have an MS Live Mail account you can access it by going to Outlook.com and login using your MS Live Mail ID.
Also the link I provided in my previous posts is only instructions on how to import calendar files into Google once you have the file saved to your computer. You said you were able to save the file, so use this link only for the information on how to import the file into Google.
Michael Norman
Michael Norman