Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My name is***** my Ex Husband has high

Customer Question
Hello! My name is***** my Ex...
Hello!
My name is***** my Ex Husband has high jacked my phone and email and I need to reset my password ***** use my email for work. how can you help me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/25/2015
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issues. Can you please tell me the domain name part of the hijacked or compromised account? (It is the part of the email with the @ sign, like @aol.com)

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

my email that the pass word has been changed is *****@******.***. how do I reset my email when he has my phone?

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your Gmail issues.

When you reset the password, you need a mobile phone to receive the reset code, or an alternate emailemail account to receive the reset link. However, these 2 recovery options (mobile number and alternate email) must have been set first before when you have had access to the account. In your case, the only reset option is through a mobile phone ending in 00 and unfortunately, your ex is using it now.

How did you access this Gmail account before? Using a web browser or did you use an email program like MS Outlook? The reason for asking this is to see if you still have traces of your old emails to be used for recovery.

Keep me posted.
Jess