Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was searching answer wife. Her emails from

Customer Question
I was searching for an...
I was searching for an answer for my wife. Her emails from a year ago that she had deleted have repopulated her inbox. She is using Microsoft.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/23/2015
Email technician: A. Stevens, Computer Engineer replied 3 years ago
A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!You mentioned she was using Microsoft for her email, but q.com is associated with Century Link. Is the software on her laptop Outlook and she is accessing her Century Link email?
Yes, she does use Outlook.
Great, and to confirm the email provider is century link yes?
Yes
OK, do you know if she has tried to access her email from the century link online webmail to see what exists in her inbox? What exists there would be the "true" view, as what you might be experiencing in outlook is that it is bringing up some cached emails on your computer itself after downloading from century link
I don't know. But when she gets home I'll ask her to check.
OK please let me know so we can explore further once we know
She told me she has never accessed her email from the century link online webmail. When she tried she couldn't log on. She said after she reads an email on Outlook she deletes it. Is it possible century link has those 9000 emails and continues to send them to Outlook? Which tells me she needs go to century link and delete her emails there.
Yes, that's very possible that is what is happening. Not sure why she isn't able to log in though, it should be the same username/password ***** used to set up the outlook account.

When she gets home from work I'll ask her to contact Centurylink and talk to someone to see why she isn't able to log on.

OK great, sounds like a plan. Once she is able to log in I think she will be able to see what is actually on the mail server itself.

She's really busy so I guess I'll have to access her email on Centurylink. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for your help.

No problem. Please do let me know.
Any luck with Century Link?