Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Please help! i was logged into my email on my phone and i was…

Customer Question
please help! i was logged...
please help! i was logged into my email on my phone and i was on my laptop checking the email and randomly it said error on my messages while i was replying. Then it sends me to auto login page and says enter password. i re enter my same password ***** is even saved on the phone and it wont let me log in. i tried every option for lost password ***** recovery (even though thats not the cae) and it says i cant do online, please help me. i made this account for ebay and wasent taking it seriously but now its my every day email and i need it. thank you so much for help. MY ACCOUNT IS***@******.*** (not energize)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
6/23/2015
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, im sorry to hear about the issue you are having. My first suggestion, incase your yahoo account was hacked , go to paypal, switch your email address to a different email address and then remove the yahoo email address you cant access. ( you can always add it back later ) This is applicable if your paypal address is the same as the yahoo account you listed earlier. With that matter discussed, can you clarify if you can still login from the phone, but not the PC. Or you cant receive or send any mail from *either* device? Thank you, *****
i did not pay for my yahoo with paypal, it was free. I was on it answering emails on my phone and my PC and have the password ***** While i was sending emails it told me there was a error any time i tried to do anything within it. It still shows me logged onto it but wont let me click anything inside and directs me to the sign in page where my password ***** ***** saved and when i try to log in, it tells me enter password ***** It says this on my phone as well. i hand typed the password ***** on both devices numerous times and have the password ***** down. i cant log into it from either end as if the password ***** changed, its a brand new phone and brand new pc from the store and i have been to youtube and yahoo and maybe 1-2 google searches, i dont know how it could have been hacked if it was, its a mac with anti virus.
I take it that you are not a "Seller" on ebay ? That was my concern, that your payment account from ebay would be attached to yahoo. So wed want to move immediately to protect it, just in case. Im not saying it has been hacked, just saying that whenever passwords suddenly dont work, a stolen password ***** hacked account is a possibility. Moving along.. What browser are you using on your mac?
i am using chrome on the mac, i understand what you were saying now thank you
Thank you. Mac has safari built in, while I dont think this will solve the issue, I need you to perform a test. Launch the Safari browser on your mac. Go to yahoo.com, click sign in.. Can you sign in there?
i tried to on safari earlier and i also tried allowing the cookies and fixing settings on both ends, it saying the same thing
Ok, this may seem a bit overly simple.. But I just ran across a similar issue this past weekend.. Can you find your home wifi router.. Unplug it from power for two minutes.. Plug it back in. And then test again from safari or chrome.. What exactly happens when you try to login directly at yahoo.com, clicking mail, and typing in your username and password~
it didnt work. before i contacted you i even tried hooking up to another wifi as well
Understood.. And thank you for that info.. So its not a router issue then.. Looking more and more like its an account specific issue. I just tried a reset from my browser, and I received the same " cant reset online" and " Why do I have to wait" Question, how many days ago was it that you first received this error and could not login?
hey, is anyone there?
Im here ( Dustin ) I just checked your account status, its still the same. Your stuck on the " why do I have to wait page " when the yahoo password ***** is asked for. Did you have any further questions or info to add at this time? If not, all we can do is check back each day to see when it will activate the reset by security questions, and reset by phone options. D.S
please opt out of the question for another expert. Thank you
it says i cant reset online, it wasent synced up to my phone number or another email. yahoo gave me this number and a tech support number to call, the tech support charges 100$ to fix, and yahoo said this was 49$ to fix. But now im kinda lost because the yahoo tech can actually reset the password ***** give to me, and this is more of a problem solving service. I wasent aware of this when i paid though, i thought it would be able to be reset here like the tech support.
Im going to opt out. Normally, what I do is try to go over all available methods to reset a password. I'm familiar with the nuances of the process and how to tell if the issue is account, browser or server status related. Honestly, there is no one and no service that can get inside yahoo and change your password ***** yahoo. And yahoo does not have a service where you can pay them to reset your password. Be careful which company you're dealing with. Any tech that tells you he can give you a yahoo password ***** ***** to scam you. Only yahoos online support / reset system , or phone app can give you a password.
Email technician: Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Hello. My name is, Mike. I have read the previous posts in this thread and it appears what you received was a fake Yahoo login page. Additionally like the previous tech stated, Yahoo does not charge for tech support. I can understand your frustration, but unfortunately only Yahoo has access to your account and can assist with recovering your account and we are not affiliated with Yahoo. Now, you said you have exhausted the online password ***** options and still had no success. If that is the case, you can send Yahoo customer support an email requesting their assistance using their online customer service contact form. Getting to the actual form is a bit of a process, however I have outlined the steps for you to follow below. Once you complete and submit the form Yahoo will contact you to help resolve the issue. Please follow these steps:Contact Yahoo Customer Support. Go to the link below. https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML For Topic 1 choose: "Password ***** sign in"For Sub-Topic 2 choose: "Change password"For Recommended Options 3 choose: "Email" This will take you to a Yahoo customer service email contact form. Fill out all of the pertinent information and Yahoo will contact you to help resolve the issue.
Hello. I just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you have any additional questions. If not, please take a moment to rate my customer service.
Michael Norman
Michael Norman