Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My mac computer cut out of gmail with the message "Safari can…

Customer Question
My mac computer cut out...
My mac computer cut out of gmail with the message "Safari can't open this page. Too many redirects trying to pen. What is a redirect? I had copied a passage from one email to paste into one I am composing.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/21/2015
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 years ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Hi! This issue can be caused by the website you're trying to view. Safari might be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected.This issue can also happen if redirect information has been cached after it's no longer needed. In some cases, removing related cookies and cache in Safari can resolve repeated redirects:Safari, choose Safari > Preferences.Click the Privacy icon to view Privacy settings.Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.Search for the name of the website that you are trying to view.Click the Remove button.Close the Safari Preferences window.If the issue continues, repeat the steps without searching for a specific website. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all of your cookies and cache file