Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I may have accidentally deleted all of the Sent Mail from my

Customer Question
gMail account and need to...
I may have accidentally deleted all of the Sent Mail from my gMail account and need to recover it. It is on an imap account.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
6/15/2015
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
How long ago did you do this?
Within the last hour
The items don't appear in the deleted items folder. I was working in outlook to clean up the drafts folder which had several old items that were lined out.
Thanks, ***** ***** then still be ok
Click on my link below and complete the request to have the emails returned to your account
https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd=1
Allow up to 48 hours and if they are still on the server they will be returned to your account.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
They indicated that the sent emails were not recoverable. They also talk about a Trash folder, which I do not see in my imap folders. any further help appreciated.
Ok, for you the sent via this form wont be possible.
Then to check trash, click on my link below
www.gmail.com
Sign into your account there and on the left you will see More, click on it and click on Trash
Do you see the emails there?
The Sent Items are still there in the "Sent" folder, but they are not accessable in the Sent Items folder within Outlook. They had previously been. any suggestions on how to sychronize the two?
You will have to move them to your inbox.
Can you drag them to the inbox?
Not in the Outlook version.
No, I mean in Gmail via www.gmail.com
Move them to the inbox and once outlook synchronises they should then appear.
It seems that the Sent Mail in GMail is not in synch with the Sent Items folder in outlook.
none of the sent items at all appear?
I did check the inbox in Outlook and did see the most recent sent email in the Outlook inbox. How do I get the Outlook to sychronize with the Gmail system before i mofe the others?
Only way is to readd the email account to outlook again
As its iMap then you dont lose emails.
Tell me the version of outlook and I can tell you how.
It is outlook 2013. I was kind of thinking that I may have to do that again. Do I then have to re-map the GMAIL folders to the outlook folders?
Usually it will do it else yes you would.
So go to File, Info, Account Settings.
Remove the Gmail account.
Once done, add it again and it will then synch everything.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
I will try it as I had originally set this up. How do I go about requesting to work with you again if I have some kind of issue and want to take you up on the additional assistance offer? My cell is(###) ###-####if that is more convenent.
You can always contact me on the link below which comes directly to me
http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=7066
Would be a pleasure to work with you again
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you
Richard, Email Systems Specialist