Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Google is not allowing me to access my account. I rarely use…

Customer Question
Google is not allowing me...
Google is not allowing me to access my account. I rarely use the account so I don't recall the password. Google is asking me for my recovery email as an option to reset my password ***** the hint to the recovery email is not familiar and because I rarely use the account, I cannot answer the alternative questions because they are all about usage--and I don't use the account for anything except email and storing some pictures.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/7/2015
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In a situation like this, you may have to stand back and recollect just what was crucial about the account or its security/authorization information, is the best advice I can find to offer, first off.
Then, you need to look at what Google's password-recovery procedure is asking for... the recovery email, for instance, needs to be an email address that you *do* have access to, and did actually have (as an email account) at the time you set up the Google account. If you are not sure, try one email address, or another, that might fit that description.
And as for questions about usage... answer them as best you can, and truthfully.
And try the recovery procedure. Perhaps more than once, since I said to use whatever email addresses might fit the bill... but, give the system at least 5 minutes to respond, and to send the email with the recovery information in it, before concluding that it has not been sent etc. These things don't always happen instantly.
Let me know how it goes - I may be able to offer additional advice.
Thanks.