Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

We would like to create direct debit account

Customer Question

we would like to create direct debit account for Skype
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Do you want to automatically pay for your Skype subscription monthly using your credit or debit card?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am a bit confused with the charges. We were paying &16.00 monthly for number of years for
all the calls we made on Skype. Our last payment was that amount, and my understanding was that we do have direct debit
account with the Skype.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I had no problem making the payment.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Yes, if you are a paying or subscribed Skype users, then Skype will charge your credit or debit card every time your subscription is almost over.
You can choose to pay monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, or every year and this will auto-renew or auto debit payments in the payment option that you have selected.
Are you having any problems with your current payment method?
Please keep me posted so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do have some kind of problem because my request for direct debit is not going through, or is not accepted.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Are you getting any error message?
Please access your Skype account using a web browser like Safari or Chrome. Then check your payment settings there and see if the auto recharge or auto debit is turned on. If not, turn it on. If you have been trying to turn it on but failed, please log out from your Skype account then sign back in. Then test your payment options again to see if it turns on this time.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jess for your response and advice. We will go ahead with it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. Please take your time and let me know your results so that I can help you further.
If you got any error message, please let me know as well so that I can help you fix it.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Jess, if we have more questions we will get in touch with you.
Kind Regards Dara
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dara,
Sure! Feel free to get back to me here if you need further assistance. As long as your selected payment mothod is updated, your auto pay or debit feature shall be working. If you change your credit card, you need to update your Skype payment option so that the auto pay or auto debit will continue to work.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess