Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do I go about to obtaining control of my sister's facebook…

Customer Question
How do I go about...
How do I go about to obtaining control of my sister's facebook account. She passed away on 31/05/2015. Her name is***** mine Tania Grobbelaar. She is my older sister and I have been informed by a friend that information has been removed from fb. I would in anycase like to obtain control as I need to inform all her friends of funeral arrangements, and also supply detail about how we intend to manage her cattery, Loeloeraai Tonkinese according to her wishes.
I have (in my stupid mind) thought I could change her cellphone and password ***** and that would be sufficient. The secret question to id her as being the owner was in which street did she live when she was eight... I entered 'Manser' - and fb replied an confirmation link would be sent to me....which is not happening. I resent the request. I am not sure if it should have been 'Manser Street'.
Please inform me of the procedure I can follow to obtain control for her account. This is rather urgently as you could imagine.
Regards
Tania Grobbelaar
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/5/2015
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 3 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
I am very sorry to hear about your loss, I may be able to help you with this if you have the required resources.
Do you have access to a computer where she'd logged into her account before?
If so, may I start a remote session that way I can take a closer look at the problem and fix it for you directly?
Regards,
Not at the moment - it is with the forensic specialists and we are not sure as to when we will get her property back. The cremation is next Wednesday, but I have been contacted by a close friend of hers this morning telling me about information that is not available anymore.......the most important though is that I get control asap as I need to broadcast to a great number of people the details, as said. A further issue is that she was a cat breeder and I am in charge of sorting out the disolvement of the cattery. The friend who informed me this morning, in the meanwhile has been posting (as per the family's request) to inform all interested parties (who will adopt cats) that we will be posting the necessary detail on HER fb page. Also, as she is known world wide as breeder of Tonkinese HER fb page will be the most effective communication media to organise this massive task that I have in front of me. At the moment we have all her cats at a cattery which charges us ZAR 70 per day per CAT.....and you can imagine what having 39 cats are costing us already. Therefore this rather urgent request. I would really appreciate if this matter can be solved asap. Not only am I worried about an outsider controlling her account, the other matter mentioned here I would think would be an indication as to the seriousness of my request. I really would appreciate its urgent solution.
Regards
Tania Grobbelaar
Thanks for the information Tania.
I understand you need this urgent but without a computer she had used in the past to access her account there's no way of getting back in other than via the account recovery steps.
Facebook wont let you into her account since they must also respect the deceased's privacy, all they offer is this:
[url]https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/651319028315841/url]
If there's no computer I can access to recover the password ***** then we can try the recovery options, I would need her email address and/or phone number.
Do you have her phone?
Her whole property is off-limits to all until the Forensic Department releases it to the family. We were only allowed to remove the life animals as explained above. So no, I do not have access to anything BUT the cats. I therefore do not think that you will be able to resolve this issue for me. Thankyou in anycase for the effort.
Regards
tania
You're welcome, I hope you're able to gain access and I'm sorry for your loss.
Regards,