Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need the owner of an email account. [email protected]

Customer Question
I need the owner of...
I need the owner of an email account. ***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
6/5/2015
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Are you trying to get back into your Yahoo email account?
If so, when's the last time you were able to access it?
Regards,
No, I'm trying to find the owner of the account***@******.***. Can you provide that answer?
I had a look and couldn't find anything, also the email address doesn't seem to be active - it's in a suspended state on Yahoo so apparently inaccessible by its owner.
I will opt out to see if someone else would like to give it a try.
Regards,
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist
Hello, what you're asking is not possible. Email accounts can be made for free without providing any real information that connects the account to an actual person. There is no technical way to find out who was the person using that account, it is just not possible. There is no name, address, or billing information tied to a free email account. What I would suggest is you simply google search the email address and see if you can locate any information on the account. Perhaps they posted it on a public forum somewhere and you can locate some other information based off the email account. But like I said, a person can remain completely anonymous behind an email account, all one needs to do is go to any free email provider like yahoo, gmail, hotmail or any other and create an account using none of their real information. Even if they did use their real name when creating the account you would have no way to get it. It is very easy to remain anonymous on the internet, it is not like real life where people have an actual home address if you understand what I am saying. If you would like to discuss further please let me know and also provide the details of why you need to find this person because that could change my answer a bit for example if you were a victim of a crime and this address is somehow connected to that crime that could change things. But as Martin said this account is in a suspended state so likely it was a hacked account that was closed by yahoo. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks
Chris L., Support Specialist