Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot get into my email account. A 'clean up' to my computer…

Customer Question
I cannot get into my...
I cannot get into my email account. A 'clean up' to my computer this morning must have erased my automatic sign-in. It is not accepting my password ***** since I set up my account, my phone number has changed and I no longer have a restore alternate email. What do we do now?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/4/2015
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
The computer you can no longer access your email on.. Is it windows Vista?
Also, how do you usually access your email, by internet explorer, or do you often use other browsers such as mozilla firefox, or chrome?
Another important point, who is your email account with. Yahoo, gmail, aol, hotmail, etc ?
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Gmail internet explorer. Vista
I have to leave. Can u do this without me?
Unfortunately, I cannot work through this without you.
I will be working for another 4 hours today. And normal business hour throughout the weekend.
When you have time to continue send a reply.
Thank you,
Dustin S.
How much time do we need .
Did u get my answers to ur questions above?
I did receive the earlier answers.
I cant predict the exact amount of time needed.. Lets discuss the backup email you no longer have.
Who was that backup email with?
Gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc? Please send just the last half, of the old backup email you no longer have.
( the portion that shows up **after** the @ sign )
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Don't remember . Gmail thinks it is a Yahoo account. Yahoo.com
Would you remember the exact, and full email address that the old yahoo account would have been ?
Perhaps I can get back with u in a couple of hours. 8pm mountain time u.s.
No Dustin. That is the problem
And ... I ddon't have the same cell number that I used to have. So I Can not have them send me a txt msg.
Youre welcome to get back to me when you have more time.. Theres no time limit on my ability to assist you. Dustin S.
Do not remember back up email. Don're have any other email.
Ok a bit later then.
I will look for your replies then, and will formulate our next plan of attack. D.S
Hello Dustin. I'm back. You still there ... I have some more time now to work on this. I am making contact through my outlook account. Otherwise ... I cannot get into my gmail directly ... except through my Kindle Fire 6. I went to Office Depot today and they did a scan and a mini tuneup ... it is after that that my auto sign in from google disappeared. Also some items from the toolbar disappeared as well. I also had to resign in on Facebook which was also automatic.
Question.. Your still able to get into your gmail account through Outlook?
Receiving messages, sending messages?