Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

OK ON MY ANDROID PHONE (MOTO G)

Customer Question
my [password ***** ***** for...
OK ON MY ANDROID PHONE (MOTO G) my [password ***** ***** for all my google things. (my password ***** ***** same for my gmail, my google chrome, google plus ect..)
I do not remember my password ***** have tried a zillion times to have them text me or even email me (alternate email) a link to reset it and it keeps putting me through question verificiation and crap which I cant remember all of those questions)
I was told to go to something like ://chromes/settings and click follow the instructions that would allow me to just click on show password. I have tried to access that actual given advice (which was from November 2014 so perhaps outdated) and I keep getting an error saying that the page is either down or permanently inactive.
So what can I do to see my saved password? I have a new phone so I need to transfer all of my things and I can't. plus my laptop was stolen and I Cant even sign into google dashboard to view activity which I greatly need to do.
Thank you so much I need help with this like it was yesterday.
my alt email for a response if needed is
xxxxxxxxxx
or my cell phone for text reply or even calls if you do them is
xxxxxxxx
thank you much
respectfully
xxxxxxxx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
6/4/2015
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your email issues. Are you still able to access all gmail and google stuffs on your Android phone now?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
yes I am on my old phone when hooked up to wifi.
Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. Now, can you please tell me:
Are you using the Chrome web browser on your phone to access your Gmail account? Or are you using the Gmail app? Or the Mail app on android?
Keep me posted.
Jess
gmail app. I believe . its one that you hit and it pops up gmail, google, google plus, t tube, hangouts, and google translate.
are you available to do this by phone by chance? I saw that somewhere on here and now I cant find the option to read up on how to do it that way.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
On Android, Gmail apps has the Gmail logo that when tapped will load your Gmail emails.
The Chrome browser is different, it has the Chrome logo and you need to manually type there http://gmail.com to access your Gmail.
Now, if you can confirm that indeed it is the Gmail app, then you cannot recover or retrieve the password ***** the Chrome procedures that you mentioned since the password ***** ***** stored in Chrome but in Gmail app.
The Gmail app icon can be like this image:
http://filesxpress.com/d-a0c96193
Please confirm.
Best regards,
Jess
its a gmail app. Im not typing in a web address or anything to do with chrome. Infact, when I have attempted to access my google dashboard in chrome is always asks for my password. so yes I do believe its the email app.
so what do I do or how in the world can I possibly view the saved password?
Thank you for that confirmation.
Unfortunately, when you are using the Gmail app, the passwords your first entered WAS NOT SAVED on your phone so there is really no way to recover or retrieve it from your phone.
This is how it works: The password ***** ***** by Google's authentication servers for the first time ONLY. After first successful authentication, an Auth Token is downloaded to your device which is stored in accounts.db file as plain text. This is NOT EQUAL to the password. For all subsequent logins, this Auth Token is used, NOT your original password. So when you are asked for the password, you cannot enter this Auth Token as the password ***** if you recover the Auth Token from the device.
Your only option to recover the account is through the recovery form from Gmail.
Can you please tell me the part of your Gmail address BEFORE the @gmail.com so that I can check your recovery options?
Regards,
Jess
YEA SURE THING
ITS ***@******.***
Thank you for that information.
Please give me a moment to check your recovery and reset options.
Regards,
Jess
Thank you for patiently waiting.
I check your account's recovery options and it appears that your Gmail account is super secure because the 2-step verification is enabled in the account. Unfortunately, because of this 2-step verification, recovery is tricky or critical.
Are you also using a computer to access this problem Gmail account besides the android phone?
Please let me know.
Best regards,
Jess
YES I AM currently using a netbook on wifi to attempt the issues I have been discussing with you.
Thank you for writing back and I am glad that you are using a computer to recover the account.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in the recovery process?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
I figured it out
I am glad to know that. Did you figure out the password ***** the recovery process?
I am glad that you figured it out. I just hope that you figured out the password ***** the account so that you can regain access to it in your other device. However, if what you figured out was the recovery process, that is fine. Please follow the Gmail recovery procedures so that you can reset the password ***** the problem Gmail account because there is no way that it can be retrieved on your phone.
Like I mentioned before in answer to your question, it is unfortunate that the Gmail app does not store the original password ***** the account in the phone itself. That is the main reason that there is no way or trick to recover Gmail passwords on any smartphone when it is used with the Gmail app. This is for security reasons.
When the Gmail account was first added to your Gmail app, the password ***** ***** by Google's authentication servers for the first time ONLY. After first successful authentication, an Auth Token is downloaded to your device which is stored in accounts.db file as plain text. This Auth Token is NOT EQUAL to the password. For all subsequent logins, this Auth Token is used, NOT your original password. So when you are asked for the password, you cannot enter this Auth Token as the password ***** if you recover the Auth Token from the device.
At this point you have placed a deposit. I only receive credit for my help, time and expertise on the matter if you rate positive (3 to 5 stars/smileys).
It is up to you if you wish to credit me for this or not. Your deposit is refundable should you choose you do not want to pay. Please do not rate me negatively if you want a refund. Here is the information on refunding:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Again I am sorry I cannot help you recover your saved password ***** your phone since you were using the Gmail app and the password ***** ***** NOT saved on your phone. The only way to recover the account now is through that Gmail recovery form.
I hope I at least shed some light on the situation a bit for you and saved you some time.
Thank you for using our service.
Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist