Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to find out where an email I received got sent…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying to...
Hi, I am trying to find out where an email I received got sent from.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Email
6/2/2015
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 3 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Can you paste me the header here?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $24 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Delivered-To:***@******.***
Received: by 10.25.17.195 with SMTP id 64csp2644826lfr;
Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.50.30.138 with SMTP id s10mr21054573igh.3.1433260165840;
Tue, 02 Jun 2015 08:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path:
Received: from mail-ie0-x232.google.com (mail-ie0-x232.google.com. [2607:f8b0:4001:c03::232])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id l101si14079548iod.39.2015.06.02.08.49.25
for
(version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Tue, 02 Jun 2015 08:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of***@******.*** designates 2607:f8b0:4001:c03::232 as permitted sender) client-ip=2607:f8b0:4001:c03::232;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of***@******.*** designates 2607:f8b0:4001:c03::232 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=*****@******.***;
dkim=pass [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Received: by mail-ie0-x232.google.com with SMTP id lw1so40780345iec.3
for ; Tue, 02 Jun 2015 08:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
bh=k1FUbmV3OHzXklKiLw57PIhU1TF9W41ufeQ4WxRw7n8=;
b=H8D7mbMcX5j79N4mRDvzP7jA3WfUbdNzjdxUFnHxJ/IT2piMsrNW6HaNDgyWMprya2
rF7K6J/Ttj5ML4JKRjMcbEp4or4zBCCZ83FTz3ymHJU3ketcPhKnX90w4LEwUuu6B89J
yzOmN07V4rVC/CmFAF4uJejZk2hFVeIRa30ROTGLxFn3Wr+ne119NT4pVtiRu0/WAVVy
sI0pdMmncZjfRtp9uMqUoR9nDNGM1t0dFaE0KPr9Ui3NVX7t/rS5qi7FRxKlgY1q5LiG
IJ/XxBm2tjUmGO66dmPuogVCnZpEOP0JLSRqGKitTMlsW7B/CdmB82pN10SNHyml9rRR
BCSg==
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.50.147.10 with SMTP id tg10mr21309450igb.36.1433260164922;
Tue, 02 Jun 2015 08:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.50.230.140 with HTTP; Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:49:24 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To:
References:
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:49:24 -0400
Message-ID:
Subject: Re: Thinking of you
From: Scott
To: ***** *****
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=089e0122a2d00045c805178ae3a8--089e0122a2d00045c805178ae3a8
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
I will need to opt out and open the question to other experts. Thanks
Ok, thank you.
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Do you still need help with this problem? Is sinadumire @ gmail.com your email address where the email was sent to?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Yes, I still need help and the email address is correct.
So is that sinadumire email account YOUR email address where the message was sent to?
Yes, correct.
Thank you for patiently waiting.
Upon checking the email header that you already posted, the email was encoded with an IPv6 IP address so it is not easily distinguished.
The IP address of the sending computer (ISP) is 2607:f8b0:4001:c03::232. Here is a screen shot:
http://filesxpress.com/d-09643b4c
Now, you can use the online service http://whatismyip.com to check the location of the sending IP.
Here is my screen shot:
http://filesxpress.com/d-2f064564
Please remember that the IP address encoded in the email header IS NOT the IP address of the computer that is used to send the email. The IP address shown there is the IP address ASSIGNED by the Internet Service Provided (ISP) of that said computer. So the location of the IP address here is the location of the ISP. Unfortunately, it is only with a court order that you can force the ISP to give you the actual IP address of the sending computer.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.
Best regards,
Jess