Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

There: I use Microsoft Outlook actively a lot at work

Customer Question

Hi There:
I use Microsoft Outlook actively a lot at work and I have to do a lot of followups via emails.I do 2nd follow up and 3 follow up up till 5th follow up email per email sent. This becomes very challenging as I have to look in my "Sent Items" every day and send again reminder follow up emails.
Is there an "add on" or functionality in outlook that I can add and set automated emails followups after 2/3/ 5 days as per requirement? I want to send customized emails with follow up 5 times with different content each time to a single recipient. Follow up email will be sent out each day.
Can you please suggest me a good solutions or product?
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! What version of Outlook are you using?
Anyhow, based on your need description, constant contact provides a solution for what you are looking to set up. http://search.constantcontact.com/features/autoresponder?gclid=CLKvh8iq8cUCFQYIaQodYiQAeg&utm_id=GOO-198635&cc=GOO-198635&[email protected]:20150602153312:s
Let me know if that product isn't what you are looking for and we can try to locate another, but I have had pretty good success using Constant Contact before.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am looking for something that works well with M/s Outlook. or addin in Outlook. I am using outlook Professional 2010 Plus. 32 bit-

You can schedule emails in outlook...but based on what you are wanting to accomplish that feature itself won't be enough for you as you would have to specify the contact when scheduling the email...it wouldn't be able to pull it automatically from a received message.
Let me see if I can come up with a rule that work would...
Have you toyed with the "quick steps" feature in 2010 before? I'm not 100% sure of the exact flow of process you want but you might be able to use Quick Steps to create the rule you need
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27827/create-and-customize-quick-steps-in-outlook-2010/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Steve!!

this looks like a long process. i am looking add on in Outlook. i send a lot of emails on a daily basis and i am looking for something more easier.

something similar to http://www.outlook-apps.com/

i have bout this product a 10 days back but their support sucks.i am trying to get my money back.

No problem....yes a lot of the plugins available for Outlook do not really work as well as they are advertised. Let me see if I can locate another for you that might have better support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i await your reply-

I couldn't find any other 3rd party add-ins that would work exactly how you described....still think maybe creating email rules might be your best bet if you don't want to use a 3rd part email service outside of outlook to relay messages. Here is another guide: http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-auto-reply-to-emails/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nope..this is not what i want.

thank you-

Yeah sorry I couldn't find anything else suitable for you...I am going to opt out to allow another expert to try to find a solution for your email