Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I want to share documents between my Mac at home and Mac at

Customer Question

I want to share documents between my Mac at home and Mac at work. They are both
Imacs about one year difference in age. I went to Share...not sure this is correct application to do this, and cannot remember what my Windows Live ID is nor the password..I use a number of passwords so not sure if I have tried the correct one...tried all, or because I can't remember my ID, password *****
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
By your mention of "share", do you want to access the files of your MAC #1 from your MAC #2 and vice versa?
What about having a centralized storage center where your MAC #1 and MAC #2
can drop files and pull out files from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection? I believe it will be a better setup.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, how do I do that. I want to share only documents
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. This is how it works in general:
You will need a cloud storage account that is accessible online so that BOTH your MACs can access your files. Then in your MACs, you need to install an application that will connect it to the cloud storage for consistent syncing of your files.
For example, in Mac 1 you dropped or uploaded (share) 5 Word documents and 20 pictures.
In your Mac 2, you uploaded 10 Excel files.
Now, after the scenario above, when EITHER Mac 1 or Mac 2 access the online storage, you will see the 5 Word documents, 20 pictures, and 10 Excel files. Not just your Mac, any device that you have and that you connect to the online storage, can see and use or access the files on the cloud.
There are several online services that will accomplish this for you. But can I remotely access your computer (Mac 1 or Mac 2 or both) so that I can directly setup this system for you while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I have been told to never do this
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean? To not to do remote access? I understand your concerns but we are using a legitimate and safe software. It will be safe from your end since you will be watching your screen and you will see everything that I will do. I will not do anything without your permission when I am connected to your Mac. I have done this kind of remote support to several hundreds of my clients.
Do you really NOT want the remote option?
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to discontinue my free trial. This seems too much like a gimmick to access my computer and keep charging money. I do not like this service and want no access to my accounts further. None. I want to end this conversation, NOW!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I respect your decision. But this is not a gimmick as we are a legitimate company and we have millions of happy customers.
About JustAnswer:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/about-justanswer
Regarding the remote access suggestion, it is actually an optional "additional service offer" for a better and faster support as compared to this Q&A format. I can actually give you written procedures if you do not want the remote option.
I respect your decision to NOT to continue. No need to reply to this in order to close the session.
Thank you for using our service.
Best regards,
Jess