Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My IPhone 4S iOS mail (yahoo installed, not the yahoo mail

Customer Question
app) will not update the...
My IPhone 4S iOS mail (yahoo installed, not the yahoo mail app) will not update the inbox for about a week. Error message "will not connect to server" and "cannot get mail" message. My folders appear as normal.
I have tried multiple things; none of these work.
-Deleting account and reinstalling
-Reset settings, network, and restored entire phone
-Adding mail account through "other", manual IMAP
-Turning off wifi versus ATT service
-Reset wifi and router
-moved all inbox emails to separate folder
-sent myself email from browser, desktop receives it but not on iPhone iOS mail
- I installed Yahoo Mail app as a test, it works fine but the iOS mail version still does not change; read it was supposed to sync if you did this.
-tried changing password ***** desktop then on phone. Phone will verify new password ***** when you go back to password ***** screen it does not show the right number of characters for the new password. I went from the original 7 digit password ***** a 10 digit. The password ***** always shows a 8 digit password ***** time you re-check it after verification. I have never used a password ***** this amount of characters.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Email
Also, in the account setup of the iPhone iOS mail, I have changed the name line to my yahoo username and description line to read my full email address - as another forum suggested - no luck.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/22/2015
Email technician: Chris Lindsey, IT Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, IT Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
After you have made a new account, selected Yahoo Mail, made sure the Mail is selected, then try to receive. Go to Settings, Mail, your Yahoo account, look at the password ***** see if it is correct - if it not make sure the uppercase is not effecting the first symbol.
I look forward to your reply, please let me know the iOS version and if it is jailbroke.
Chris
Yes mail is always selected, uppercase re-checked, 8.3 software, not jailbroke.
I can send emails but not receive through the iPhone IOS mail.
Go ahead and confirm all of these steps:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile/fix-problems-yahoo-mail-ios-mail-sln3702.html
Once you have done so, we may need to check the settings in your Yahoo mail using remote support.
Let me know.
Chris
Yes, all these items were covered in my initial question/detailed info. I also have looked for the sync setting in yahoo using the gear icon; however was unable to locate them using the screenshots on other forums. Maybe Yahoo changed the layout.
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, IT Technician