Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have created a second cox email account

Customer Question

I have created a second cox email account and would like to keep a separate address book. How do I do that in Windows Mail? Is it possible in Outlook?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Percy! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

It's not possible in Windows MailThe address book stays the same for all email accounts for Windows Mail. But you can use a different email program for each email account, then the address book can be separated. For example, you can use one email account in Windows Mail and one email account in Outlook.

But if you use Microsoft Office Outlook (is it version 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc., or Outlook Express?), then you can use different profiles, which means having different address books.

And/or would you like me to provide another email program that is free and allow you to have multiple profiles / address books? (Office / Outlook program costs.)

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using windows 7. I understand from your reply that Windows Live mail will not do the job but Outlook will. Did that cost me $42?

I will have our customer service contact you about the billing, but it is the exact amount you've agreed to. In the mean time, I will continue to help you with multiple profiles / multiple address books. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

First, we need to check the Outlook version you have.

Do you have Outlook Express? Or do you have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.?

Or you do not have Outlook yet?