Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have been trying to read my email but a message pops up that

Customer Question

I have been trying to read my email but a message pops up that my computer is rejecting cookies and therefore cannot be opened.
I'm a long time juno user and this is the first time this has ever happened and I don't know why. Please advise what I should do to get my email back.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Can you type me the exact message and are you able to login to other websites?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $34 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only want the answer to my question and do NOT want to have any future service at this time. My question is:
I recently received a message that, in effect, states that because my computer is not allowiing cookies I cannot receive my email." I did nothing to bring this about so I want to know why this has happened and how to correct this problem. This is the first time this has happened and I have been using juno for many years.
I have read your question and since this is a technical question, i want to know the information i requested in order to assist you with this. Please tell me the exact message you are getting in regards ***** *****?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am able to login to other websites.
Please do the following:
Hold windows key and press R
type inetcpl.cpl
and click OK
go to the advanced tab, and hit reset, click reset again
restart internet explorer and then test.
let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the windows key on the keyboard? I am 90 years old but relatively new at computer techology and have never had occasion to use the "windows key."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why can you not answer my question? If not, please cancel this discussion and I assume my credit card will be credited the amount I agreed to oriiginally.
The cookies are disabled, and if you are able to login to other sites, then there could be issues with old cookies. That is the short answer, and the instructions i gave were to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Will I be charged for that advice and you did not answer my question as to where the "windows key" is on my keyboard? It,s nice to know about your service and I might want to use it at another time. I just pressed the windows symbol so will follow your earlier instructions and see what happens. Please be patient.
I sent a picture with a symbol where the windows key is on the keyboard. I thought it will be better to go straight to the fix to have the issue resolved. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I followed your instructions to "hold window key & press R." I got as far as hitting the ADVANCE tag where I am supposed to hit "reset" next. There are two reset items showing on the screen, or am I mistaken? If correct, is it one of these that I hit and if so, which one?
Only one of them is clickable, the one that opens in a pop-up. Before clicking on it, put a check on delete personal settings, then click it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I now find that there is a reset tab which I suppose is the one I should hit. However, a message comes up stating "Before you can reset Explorer settings you must close all other open windows and programs." But if I close our communication connection how do I get back to you? Please advise.
There are two ways to get back to me.
1. Login to your email, and click view response from an email sent by JustAnswer. (which will not be possible until you can login).
2. Login to your account on this site, if you remember your username which should be email address and password ***** go to the My Account page to setup one, the account options button is located on the top of this page.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll try once more but then it is past my bedtime so will try to contact you tomorrow. If for whatever reason I don't reach you please contact me via my email *****@******.***--and I'll check my email at the local library where their computers should be O.K for me to use. Good night, thanks, ***** ***** Allen Hansen
You're Welcome. However, i will not be able to contact via e-mail because i am not allowed to by JustAnswer as per the site policy. I can fix this issue within 10 minutes, should you wish to take the remote service. Thanks