Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do I attach multiple files to an email on an iPad?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
How do you access your email on your iPad? Are you using the Mail App? Or are you using a web browser like Safari or Chrome?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Safari and outlook
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also use one drive and dropbox. I would like to attach files from each into a single email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Now, is your email account ending with @gmail.com? @hotmail.com? or others?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm also using the mail app on the iPad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Outlook.com
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
Since you are using one drive or dropbox, you can simply copy the Share or Download Links of those files you want to attach in your email. Then paste those links in the email so that the receiver can view or download them. However, on this option, if you have 30 files to attach or share in a single email, you will need to copy and paste the 30 individual share links in the email body.
Is that what you want? Or you want to archive the 30 files (just a sample quantity) into ONE single file and give out ONE single link in the email?
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible to attach files rather than add links?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, you need a separate app to do that. You cannot attach files in your Mail app like you do attachments in a computer. Int he iPad, you need to open the file using the original app or program that created the file, and then send the file using that program. For instance, if you want to send a photo in an email, you need to do it in the Photo App. Open the photo in the photo app then send it to your contacts right there.
So the most portable option is to send a link through email, but not as file attachments but links to the file location like your One Drive or DropBox.
If you want the best app to handle this in your iPad, please let me know.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to attach multiple files from different apps together in one email. What is the best app to do this with?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. If you really want the "attachment" feature in sending emails in your IPad, you need an app for that.
Based on performance reviews by most app users, the best app to handle this is the one called "Mail +" and the other one is MailShot. However, these apps are commercial app but they cost less compared to the accessibility they add to your emailing experience. Please review the features first before you decide to buy any of the 2 apps.
Here are the links:
Mail+
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mail+-email-client-attachments/id380690305?mt=8
MailShot
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailshot-group-email-done/id410279354?mt=8
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess