Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Im trying to get back on my fb but i dont remember my password

Customer Question

Im trying to get back on my fb but i dont remember my password ***** email i can give u my name and bday i hope u can help me
Category: Email
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are u there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Are you using a computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a MAC to access your
FB account? Or are you using a smartphone?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Smartphone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can give u my name and everything i sure hope u can help me i dont want to create a new one i want to get on that one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
U left?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am still here. Please tell me your full name so that I can locate your profile.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jacob yates from chester va
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its me and my fiancee on the profile pic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can u find it? I hope u can help me log in to it i miss getting on fb
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says ur offline i hope not
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can't locate your profile by your name. Can you please tell me what exactly is the name you registered on that facebook account? Or your username or your phone number on FB profile?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jacob Yates
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is my profile name
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im from Virginia
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can't locate that profile using that name. Please tell me your FB username or phone number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know its still there i didnt delete it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Please provide me the info I requested.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Please tell me the phone number you have on your FB account so that I can locate your profile.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont members my phone num u can try these(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####i dont member im sorry im 26 now my bday is Sept 26 1988 and my middle name is william
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My friends find me when they search jacob yates howcome u cant
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I can't find you when I do a search because your profile could have been set to "Friends Only" or Friends of Friends. It means anyone cannot search for you if he is not your friend or your friends' friends.
I will try these numbers you gave me.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I tried searching for your profile using your name again and this is what I got:
http://filesxpress.com/d-ee90baeb
Is that you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so ur the expert please help me find my profile i can give u my well now shes my wife we got married not too long ago i can give u her name n u will see she tags me in stuff on her pg but i cant log in to mine im so upset her name is ***** ***** she has us as her pic......hope that will help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thats not me wonder why u cant find me under my name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so its me and her on my profile pic and our two kids on the background one...it says jacob yates on my pic......i hope u can help me can u find it by my bday?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. I tried searching using your 2 numbers, no results. It means that your FB profile does not have any of the 2 numbers you gave me.
Have you checked the link I gave you? I will try searching for your wife now and hopefully see your profile from there.
I cannot find you under your name because of 2 reasons:
1. You might be using a different name combination in your FB profile
2. Your profile is set to be hidden for public searches, only friends and friends of friends can find you.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
https://m.facebook.com/jacob.yates.779?tsid=0.16457180166617036&source=typeahead. Thys is what i copies n paste for u when i searched for myself from my wife's fb im trying to help u
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that link. That simply tells me your user name but you only have 1 reset option. Do you still have access to the @yahoo.com account as shown in the screen shot below?
http://filesxpress.com/d-9f0c9a10
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats my fb and there's no way of me finding out that password ***** that yall account i kno the email but not pw its not my email i used my friends
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
U found my fb thats good...now get me in it....i kno ur doing ur best its so aggravating when i cant log in to my own fb
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Isnt my user name jacob yates?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you please tell me the Yahoo email? That is your only fast option to recover the FB account. Please tell me the yahoo email account but please put a space before and after the @ sign, like jessemail @ yahoo.com.
No, your username is jacob.yates.779 (the periods are included)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Is that your friend's email account? So it means that when I initiate the reset procedure, your friend will get the reset link? Please confirm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will i be able to get on my account? If so my friends cool with it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But there's no way of them telling me we lost touch yr ago
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im so hoping u can help me and this time i will write it down
.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me explain.
Since you are no longer able to login to your facebook account because of a forgotten password ***** other relevant info, you need to RESET the password. By resetting, you will be asked to SET or ASSIGN a NEW password ***** remembering the OLD ones.
So in this procedure, since the Yahoo account is not yours, when I initiate the reset process, Facebook will send the reset procedures to your friend -- the owner of the Saltydoglisa @ yahoo.com account.
What I can suggest then is to contact your friend and ask him or her to forward the email from Facebook to your email account or to your wife's so that you can then follow the reset process.
Will your friend do that for you? Please let me know so that I can initiate the reset process for you.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No there's no way i can get intouch with her she moved changed her num and everything. ..so what ur saying is ill never b able to get on fb again wiyh that account i want to..thats my fb
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Try(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####try that one also
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These are old nums i used to have im trying my best to help u
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, you will NOT be able to access your FB account without first resetting it.
The main reasons is that, you need a username and password ***** order to access the account and i you forget any of the 2 information, that is where and when the RECOVERY procedures kick in.
However, FB allows you to recover your account using various security options like mobile number, alternate email address, or trusted friends. But unfortunately, your FB account shows that you only have 1 option -- and that is through your friend's Yahoo account which is also unreachable.
In that case, Facebook cannot grant you access to your account since you cannot verify your ownership to the account.
You can try the recovery process yourself so that you will see what I was explaining above. Please follow these steps:
1. Visit the recovery link:
https://www.facebook.com/login/identify?ctx=recover
2. In that page, you need to first Find Your Account. Enter jacob.yates.779 since that is your username based on the link you gave me.
3. There you will see the screen shot I gave you. Since you cannot access the Yahoo email and cannot contact your friend who owns it, you need to click on "No longer have access to these?" link at the bottom.
4. Then click the button "I cannot Access my Email". There you will see Facebook's protocol when it comes to your account.
My suggestion now is that you can CREATE a NEW Facebook account and then you can grab the photos from your OLD account by accessing them through your wifes FB account. You can also locate and add your friends to rebuild your FB connections.
I hope that helped.
At this point you have placed a deposit. I only receive credit for my time and expertise on the matter if you rate positive.
It is up to you if you wish to credit me for my time or not. Your deposit is refundable should you choose you do not want to pay. Here is the information on refunding:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Again I am sorry I cannot just get you into your FB account but as I said you the only way is through the reset procedures.
I hope I at least shed some light on the situation a bit for you and saved you some time.
Thanks,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Regarding the phone numbers you posted, they are no longer needed since I was able to locate your profile to begin the recovery using the link you copied from your wife and pasted here. I was able to extract your user name (jacob.yates.779) from that link to start the recovery.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont member my security? I got thro wheee its letting me send new info to my wife's email so i can log in again but now im stuck its askin me a sec
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Security?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
What about security? Where did you get that prompt? In the recovery process that I described to you above, your only option was to reset using the Yahoo email. No other "security" thing.
Is that a security option for your FB account or for your email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to that link and clicked on the thing that said not in contact with them or cant access this emailthen it said ok put a email address in we can send u info to so i put my wifes now its asking me my security? And i forgot it...
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Are you referring to this page? See screen shot:
http://filesxpress.com/d-46e9e754
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
https://m.facebook.com/recover/sq?cp=jacobnkim2008%40gmail.com. this one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im getting tired ...i was hoping u could help me.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Oh no! You are not in the right track. If you are using your wife's computer to do this, it might affect or block her FB account as well. You might end up resetting your wife's Facebook account instead of yours!
I believe I have already explained the recovery process to you. For clarity sake, let me give you the step by step procedures using screen shots:
1. Go to this recovery link:
3. There you will see the screen shot I gave you. Since you cannot access the Yahoo email and cannot contact your friend who owns it, you need to click on "No longer have access to these?" link at the bottom. Screen shot below:
http://filesxpress.com/d-2348894f
4. In the next screen, it will give you 3 links to reset your associated email account. This only works if you OWN the @yahoo.com account and then you will RESET it to regain access to it, then proceed the FB recovery since you will then be able to receive the code from FB. Since you do not own the Yahoo account, you cannot reset it or route it to your wife's Gmail account. So please click the button "I cannot Access my Email". There you will see Facebook's protocol when it comes to your account.
See screen shot:
http://filesxpress.com/d-a7c66eb4
Your next best option is to create a NEW FB account and then grab the pictures from your OLD facebook account through your wife's FB account. Then start adding your friends there in the new account as well.
I hope that helped.
Thanks,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do u get the whole amount or jus 10 $?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I only get a portion of customer's fee here. If you need assistance in the future, you can contact me anytime.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if i decide to not get a refund how much do u get
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will use u in the future u was very responsive and nice
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back but unfortunately, we cannot discuss matters regarding fees here. I am only a technician who's given the privilege to help answer questions in this site. And for me to get credit for this, a positive rating (3 to 5 stars/smileys) is required.
If you need assistance in the future you can contact me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess