Email

my gmail account has been unaccessable for 5 days now......every…

my gmail account has been...
my gmail account has been unaccessable for 5 days now......every time I sign in, google fails to send a verification code...have tried system restore, refreshing my computer, several attempts to disable 2 step verification, all to no avail.....can you help retrieve my gmail account?... Read full answer
my gmail account has been unaccessable for 5 days now......every time I sign in, google fails to send a verification code...have tried system restore, refreshing my computer, several attempts to disable 2 step verification, all to no avail.....can you help retrieve my gmail account?
9/25/2014
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?
Is your phone currently able to receive text messages fine?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you

only after multiple efforts to sign in, a message from google appears saying either "my area" is busy, or "try again in a half hour"....I've asked for help from google, filled out their gmail recovery page, yet in 5 days they have not responded.....my phone is working fine and accepts text messages.......windows 8......happy to do a remote session...just need instructions....thanks

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=bff40dbd-b5ea-4c4a-b6f6-4d01c28343d0

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Viet - Email Tech

Working on issue, thanks.

I need to further discuss my issue

Hi Geoff,

What questions do you have for me?

Gmail has not responded yet. I could take from 3 to 5 days. Do not attempt to try fixing your gmail again, just wait for google / gmail, I'll keep you update.

Thank you

many things have occurred since yesterday.....first, I went through all my old papers related to my computer and found my original backup codes that I copied (I had copied five of them).....I tried using the first 4 to log in (you can supposedly only use them once and I wanted to save one in case we can use it sometime down the road)..those 4 I entered did not work...they should have.....I received my third text message from Google asking me if I had attempted to change my password ***** didn't) and that I must follow instructions in my e-mail to STOP it (they used caps)...that's comical, because they are very well aware that I cannot access my Gmail, and I know of no other e-mail they may be referring to....

then I filled out the account recovery form again, and used my Yahoo mail as a "backup e-mail."...they did respond to that, and I'm about to copy/paste......my yahoo account XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

their yahoo e-mail response today.......

Today at 1:45 PM
On Friday, September 26, 2014 12:18 PM, "*****@******.***" <*****@******.***> wrote:
Google Accounts
Dear Google User,
We're now reviewing the information you provided about *****@******.***, and we'll reply to you soon.
In the meantime, here are our most common troubleshooting fixes:
  • Back-up options If you're having trouble signing in to web-based Google Services (like Gmail or Calendar) because you can't get a verification code on your primary phone, try using your back-up options: back-up phone or back-up codes.
  • Application-specific passwords If you're having trouble accessing an application on your mobile device (like the Gmail app) or an email client (like Outlook and Thunderbird), you may need to use an application-specific password, instead of your personal password, when you sign in to them.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Accounts Team
I first filled out their account recovery form 5-6 days ago.....cannot wait 3-5 more days from something constructive in the way of a remedy from them....if they wanted to, they could have just sent verification text messages by now....or my backup codes should have worked.....for some unknown reson, it has become readily apparent that Google does not want me to re-access this account.....
one option we haven't explored yet is to try to disable 2 step verification....I believe that may very well be possible if I/we create another Gmail account....from there, you are able to access XXXXXXXXXX phone evidently needs to be "verified"...that's what it says when you open a new Gmail account...if they (Google) wants, I believe you can really change the password ***** that page...at the very least, you can see what is going on....I cannot wait another 5 days...or 3....I order my heart meds online and have them delivered...they are already 3 days late....we need to work more on this this afternoon or evening...I realize you still may be at work on your full time job....please text me as soon as you are able....Thanks

I'm sorry. I'm an independent computer support technician, I'm not affiliated with Google, so I cannot get into your account. And Google does not provide live support. I'm not sure why you are submitting the recovery form again as we did it yesterday. If you keep submitting the form, it will give trouble. If you had not deleted your other gmail account, maybe I could have fixed it. Yesterday, we submitted the recovery form with an outlook/hotmail account, now, you submitted with a yahoo account, so don't delete that yahoo account. You have to wait and check your yahoo account. Thank you

Usually, Google would be able to send text messages to all phone numbers, but I'm not sure why it cannot send to your phone.

What's the heart meds online website? For now, have you tried to call them?

Thank you,

I submitted that recovery form 5 DAYS AGO....they promised to remedy in 2-3 days.........going to have to take a cab to my pharmacy and fill out new forms...it's certainly inconvenient.......what makes you think, if they haven't even attempted to resolve my issue going on the 6th day now, that they will somehow respond again with some sort of solution in the next 3-5 days?.......I have no problem opening another Gmail account in order for you to have much better access to my primary account...we could possibly be able to disable 2 step from there.....at least you could see that request to "verify my phone" on that page.......need to try something....not at all confident they will remedy in the next few days...

your system, just moments ago, requested a "connecting session"...I followed instructions, clicked "accept terms", and downloaded the connection link....several times with no results....not certain what I did wrong or why we didn't connect remotely....

Opening another gmail account does not help anything. Each gmail account is totally independent. You said previously, google responded to your new gmail and asked you to do something, but you deleted that gmail account already, so I could not check. Google should respond in 3 to 5 days as they said.

I can connect remotely with you anytime, but google has not responded yet, so it won't help right now. Check your yahoo account everyday. Thank you

the only post to that new (useless) gmail account I had created was basically a "welcome to Gmail"....no instructions about the failure to remedy my primary account.....supposedly, instructions were sent "somewhere" to STOP the request to change my password....possibly they are in that Outllok e-mail account or other account you may have used (don't know how to access those).....that seems to be their primary Gmail security concern, assuming they actually intend to try to allow me to re-access my account....there is a very distinct possibility my account was closed and given/sold to a government agency such as the NSA, CIA, etc.....I do a lot of work for controversial political organizations such as AE/9/11 Truth and several others....I conversed with my brother on a daily basis, and the FBI visited him and he was arrested....I thought his case was now resolved but I'm not sure...Google has been sued many times for things like this....I cannot figure out any logical reason for Google to block access to my account last week, as I had clicked upon "do not ask codes for this computer again", and I had easy access for years....I really feel that if we cannot undo this, Google will continue to just supply "lip service....forever.....not counting at all on their help....they've had WAY TOO LONG ALREADY, and have DONE NOTHING...it would be quite a simple task to allow sending of text verification codes if that was their ultimate aim......not holding out hope that waiting will do anything at all to remedy....

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why Google cannot send a text to your phone (as it is able to send text messages / codes to my phone.) Google / Yahoo / Microsoft / AOL / etc. provides email service for free, so they do not have live support, and their email support is slow. Google did send you a message to your Yahoo account saying it will respond right? Thank you

yes, suggesting more waiting, for what I have no clue....they could remedy in minutes if they wanted...I told you they have now sent me three text messages to my phone saying the exact same thing (asking if I had requested a password ***** and then stated "follow e-mail instructions to STOP it")....so they can very well send me text messages...they have 3 times in the last 2 days...they just REFUSE to send me verification codes, for whatever reason....why the hell did they decide to block access to my account last week?....I have no answer for that, but, as time goes on and they do not remedy, it seems pretty apparent to me they intend to do nothing....

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why they can send you other text messages, but cannot text you a code. They said 3 to 5 days, they should send an email message to your yahoo account in 3 to 5 days (they should have already sent you an email message to your yahoo account that they have received your request.) Thank you

basically, that e-mail they sent me was just that...an acknowledgement of my "request", with instructions for different recovery options (such as the backup codes I submitted that still did not allow access) and other remedies that they are well aware we've already tried......it, like the text messages they sent me, were merely "form letters"...letters they automatically send out to others with similar problems saying the exact same things....certainly no legitimate effort on their part to look into my troubles...to me, it's merely "delaying"...that's all.....I do not believe I will hear from them again in 3 days, or in 3,000 days...they just hope I'll drop it, and use another e-mail service....that's my opinion, and I'd be willing to wager on it......

Sorry. They said they would respond to you. Just wait. (They provide you other instructions for you to try first, but they did not work, so don't keep trying again.) Thank you

have to clear out that private info box first....won't allow me to type there....

OK, clear private info box, thanks.

private contact info box still has text, and won't allow me to type any more into it...not really concerned about security....my yahoo account user name is"***@******.*** obviously with no spaces

Note: for now, do not try anything; do not try to access your gmail or try to fix your gmail. Thank you,

Google has responded.......no help at all from them...please contact

*****@******.*** Dear Google Accounts User, Thank you for filling out our account recovery form. We know that losing access to your account can be frustrating. We want to help! At Google, we take your privacy and secu
To
Me
Today at 12:18 PM

This message contains blocked images.

Google Accounts

Dear Google Accounts User,

Thank you for filling out our account recovery form. We know that losing access to your account can be frustrating. We want to help!

At Google, we take your privacy and security very seriously. We're committed to returning accounts only when we're sure that we're giving them back to their owners. Unfortunately, based on the information you provided, we were unable to verify that you own *****@******.***. To ensure that we're not compromising the security of this account, we can't yet return it to you.

Can you provide additional information to verify that you own this account?

• If so, please visit our account recovery form and submit another request, sharing as much accurate information as possible. (If you're unsure about specific dates, that's okay; give your best guess.)
  • If not, and if you'd like to create a new account, please visit our New Accounts page.

AS YOU CAN SEE, NO HELP IS GOING TO COME FROM THEM....I BELIEVE IT'S INTENTIONAL

HELP!

I'm sorry. As you can see, Google does respond whether it's successful or not. They want additional information as much as possible: such as entering email labels/folders if you created them previously, and called your frequent/recent contacts for their exact email addresses (provide all 4 addresses if possible.) Thank you,

Such as entering email labels/folders if you created them previously, and called your frequent/recent contacts for their exact email addresses (provide all 4 addresses if possible.)

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Thank you,

Any ideas?....I received money ($600.00) from David Smile about 10 days ago using my Gmail account.....really don't have a clue about when I first opened my Gmail account....not even sure about the day my Gmail stopped working.....Google has sent text messages to my phone that I responded to....they have sent e-mails to both my Outlook and Yahoo accounts, as well as that second Gmail account I have opened....they can certainly see that all responses have come from the same IP address.....I have no idea what more information I could give them......they know I never requested a password ***** an outright lie from someone at Google...

do you have any constructive ideas on how to remedy this?.....filling out another account recovery form, in my opinion, is just a useless waste of time.......

Sorry, for email support, Google or any email provider does not provide live support. They don't ask about the day your gmail stopped working; they ask about the last date you were able to access your gmail account. Did you have any email label / folder created previously (except standard folders, such as Inbox, Trash, Spam, Sent Mail)? Are you able to provide 4 email addresses of frequent / recent contacts?

Thank you

no special folders....not even any contacts that use Gmail......telling them about that money transfer from Chase Bank to my account at Bank of America using Gmail?......about another similar transfer approx 3 months ago for $300.00?......really don't think Google intends to help at all no matter what I tell them....in maybe 6 account recovery forms, they already know more about me than my brothers and sister....It's a joke...

Sorry, then provide 4 email addresses of your contacts, and you can tell them about any email content in the explanation box when prompted. Thank you

Viet, you're a very nice man.......I provided two valid e-mail addresses......they want me to think that they are concerned someone may have hijacked my account....it's all just a joke.....you cannot imagine how much personal info I provided them in the last 5 or 6 account recovery forms....I responded to all three text messages, and those responses got through.....they know it's me.......

any other ideas?

I'm sorry, I don't think they read text messages. Can you provide two more email addresses of your contacts? Can you explain to them that you want them to call your phone number to receive a code (since it does not text you a code) when submitting the recovery form? Thanks

I've begged & pleaded with them to call me to no avail.......They have to seen those money transfers.....if someone actually had hijacked my account, THEN THERE IS NOTHING I COULD SEND TO THEM THAT THE "HIJACKER" WOULD NOT ALSO HAVE......

I've used 4 backup codes that they KNOW they sent to me and me only when I set up 2 step....they blocked those......I need to be able to disable 2 step, or get some "authorization password" generated (their other recovery option) that would work......

I know you have done your very best......we have come up short.....don't know how to proceed now...

I'm really sorry, there is no way to change anything on your gmail account until they let you in your account. Is your phone a smartphone? Thank you.

no, a basic Samsung.......really, what could I possibly tell them that someone who hacked into my account (they know that did not happen) could not tell them?.....getting help from them is a lost cause, in my opinion...

Sorry, your account is definitely not hacked because you have 2-step verification enabled. I'm pretty sure Google sends you code, but somehow it does not get to your phone (they sent you other text messages.) If they really don't want to use your gmail account, they would change the password ***** Are you able to view your text messages online on your phone service provider's website's account? Thank you

those 3 identical text messages are still on my phone under "messages" plus my replies to them....how could they help? don't have web access or web service on this phone...

I mean, access the website on your computer. Thank you

what website? don't understand your question....Yahoo has texted me a half dozen times already since I started using that account again.....

The website for your phone service provider. Who's your phone service provider? I'm not sure why your phone is able to receive text messages from Google, but not a text code from Google. Your phone number is ***** regular phone number right, not a Google Voice number, etc.? Thank you

regular Sprint Samsung.....Google can and has texted me....they are not sending codes because they "claim" they can't be sure it's me.....it's a joke.....since anyone who may actually have hacked into my account would have the over 3,000 Gmails I have saved going all the way back to 2010, what could I possibly tell them that this supposed "hacker" could not also tell them?...they have set up "a catch 22", if you understand what that refers to....it means I cannot beat this "trap."

When you log in your gmail at the gmail.com website, it says it sends you a code and you to enter a code; there, they do not claim that it's not you. (Only when you submit the recovery form, then they claim it's not you.) For some reason, a code cannot be sent to your phone number. (I don't think Google would lie to you that they are sending you a code, but then do not send; if they don't want to send you a code, they would say so; just like when they responded to your recovery request that they could not verify your account.) Sorry, I don't have any other suggestion, the only want to contact any email provider is via their recovery form. Thank you

sending out a 6th or 7th account recovery form, when I've basically told them everything about my life, my account, my disability, my phone number, some contacts, my alternate e-mail addresses (both Yahoo & Outlook, which they responded to, just seems entirely hopeless to me.....if they can send text messages to me, they could certainly send codes if they intended to.....in their responses, they are basically saying codes are not being sent because they do not trust that it is me.......I don't really believe that....they know it's me...my password ***** not changed...it works....legitimate backup codes did not work....they do not want to let me back in...

I'm sorry, they could also change your email password ***** they wanted to, but I'm not sure why they are not sending you a code; if they really don't want you to access your account, I would think they would change your password ***** Thanks

have to figure out a way to bypass their blocking of my account.....the other two recovery options they recommended were either using backup codes (which I tried to no avail), or generate an "application-specific password" (which I do not know how to do)......my only other option is to be able to disable 2 step verification....when you google that, there are literally a dozen web sites that come up with instructions how to do that.....just can't figure out how to do it...

I'm sorry, I know, I use gmail also, and I have 2-step verification enabled. I can always enable / disable 2-step verification at the website https://www.google.com/settings/security, but they must let you in your google account before you can either disable or enable 2-step verification. Did you use your gmail on any other computer or device previously? Thanks

yes....I used Gmail on my three previous Toshiba PC's...they are no loger functioning...this PC is a HP2000 NOTEBOOK.......

Were you able to use your gmail on this same HP notebook previously? Thank you

Certainly, I've had this PC for nearly 2 years now....I last accessed my Gmail account on or around 9/21/2014.....about a week ago...I had checked "do not send codes to my computer", and, since I clicked upon that, they seldom have....in the times that I was asked to enter codes, they promptly sent them to me....for just the last month or so, I was using Firefox exclusively for my Gmail.....it was stored there, and all I had to do was put the letter "g" in the address bar and an option to open my inbox immediately showed up under the address bar and all I had to do was click upon it....my account suddenly became inaccessible when I cleared the history on Firefox....that's how all this started...then I was unable to access my Gmail on any of the 3 browsers....this occurred 9/21 or 9/22, or within one day of that...

Sorry, clearing history/cookies/cache/data would clear the option "do not send codes to my computer", but Google does not or cannot send code to your phone. I'm really sorry, I don't have any more suggestion. Thank you,

Viet, thanks so much for trying so hard for me......Best Wishes to you & family.........should I wait to see if another expert picks this up?....if so, how long should I wait?....if not, I guess you'll have to let me know....Thanks Again......

You're welcome. One last thing you can try is to submit the issue to the Gmail Forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/gmail

https://www.google.com/contact/

Thank you

tried that.....no one had an option that worked......Thanks Once Again.....should I wait to see if some other expert wants to pick this up?....how long?....is there anything I have to do?

Sorry, I can certainly open this issue to other experts, though I don't think they have any other suggestion since as far as I know, the online way is using the recovery form; we are all independent computer support experts; we're not affiliated with Google or any other service. You don't need to wait. You can check at the JustAnswer.com website any time to see if there is a response/another suggestion. Thank you

OK, THANKS

If anyone else has ideas that may work, please pick this up....I am quite willing to send out yet another account recovery form if that's the only option....I've already sent out at least 7 or 8 of those, telling them all sorts of personal information.....I've pleaded with someone to call, to no avail.....if anyone knows exactly what to put into a new account recovery form, I'd be happy to try that.....thanks....

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Gmail was hacked can not log in. Request to send to phone
request to send to phone and then it changes to send code to my back up email address, then i put in that code and it sends to my back up email again but nothing comes through … read more
David L
David L
My father is elderly and not very tech savvy. I am his POA
Hello, My father is elderly and not very tech savvy. I am his POA and trying to access his gmail account. He has a 2 step verification process attached. The 2nd step sends verification to the email I … read more
Samuel White
Samuel White
Owner and Expert Tech,
Need help to recover my recently deleted gmail account
Need help to recover my recently deleted gmail account ************** Tried Google c.o/recovery and put the correct phone and gmail account to put verification code and keep getting answer that they c… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
Con not recover my gmail account. Have went thru all the
con not recover my gmail account. Have went thru all the steps several times. Just keeps saying can not verify. … read more
Mr.Med
Mr.Med
I have been trying for several days to verify my account. I
I have been trying for several days to verify my account. I have forgotten the password. I have followed the instructions many times and I always get the message that the account cant be verified try … read more
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Engineer,
Electronics & communication engineering
EMAIL FOR UBER IS tried my pass word .verification code they
HI MY NAME IS***** .EMAIL FOR UBER IS***@******.*** tried my pass word .verification code they both not letting me in.i sign up some time ago but always having problem. … read more
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Network Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a gmail account that I receive mail on, I was trying
I have a gmail account that I receive mail on, I was trying to add some items and when I signed on into Google and tried to bring up my gmail account, it tells me it can't verify the account. I have t… read more
IT Manager,
I am trying to get my gmail only to open up after a password
i am trying to get my gmail only to open up after a password ***** ***** and a two step verification code sent to my phone … read more
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer
Associate's Degree
I changed email password yesterday. Google acknowledged.
I changed email password ***** Google acknowledged. … read more
Technical Support Executive,
Engineering Diploma
I have 3 google gmail accounts. 2 of them seem to be working
I have 3 google gmail accounts. 2 of them seem to be working ok but one is not even recognized with google. My email may have been hacked … read more
Technical Support Executive,
Engineering Diploma
I have a gmail account set up to text a G-xxxxxx code to my
I have a gmail account set up to text a G-xxxxxx code to my cellphone. I no longer have the phone and cannot add my gmail account to my new phone because it requires this security code to open my acco… read more
Computer Scientist,
I am trying to access my gmail account - and I have been
I am trying to access my gmail account - and I have been locked out - have followed their recovery options - and now I get a message saying your account has been disabled - and they will not be able to send me a verification text until after 24 hours (next day) due to many attempts. Is this a common problem? … read more
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070
Stop searching for answers—
I just had windows 10 installed and gmail does not recognize
I just had windows 10 installed and gmail does not recognize my password ***** google says that I don't own my gmail account… read more
Computer Scientist,
A couple of weeks ago I was locked out of my email account.
A couple of weeks ago I was locked out of my email account. It said that my password ***** been changed. I had not changed my password. I would not have known how! It then ask for a secondary email ac… read more
Computer Scientist,
I have been locked out my g mail for six days and require urgent
I have been locked out my g mail for six days and require urgent help.It seems almost impossible to get any support phone or email… read more
Computer Scientist,
I changed my phone number and now they cant send my verification
I changed my phone number and now they can't send my verification code and I can't access my email. I've tried to use printable backup codes but can't because u have to sign in to get them which doesn… read more
Computer Scientist,
For some reason my password XXXXX my Gmail account does not work.
For some reason my password XXXXX my Gmail account does not work. It is possible I forgot it. When I click on "Can't access your account" and I get to the page with the following text: "It looks like … read more
Travis B.
Travis B.
Computer Technician,
do you know how to delete Googlemail verification from our
do you know how to delete Googlemail verification from our system? I am blocked out of accessing emails. I dont want the verification… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification