Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My AOL email search is not working

my aol "search mail" is...

my aol "search mail" is not working. are you familiar with AOL email issues? can you help?

Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2012
JustAnswer-Eric
JustAnswer-Eric, Senior Security Network Engineer

I assume that you have many many emails and are just trying to find a specific one correct?

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
yes, it just stopped working about 5 days ago

bigbearbe :
Do you know the name of the sender? Most of the time, the more simple a search is, the better

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
I have done these searches for years, and now when I just put in a name it searches for just the last 2 weeks, or says "no matches"

bigbearbe :
does it work for anything in the last few days?

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
yes - it seems to work for the last few days

bigbearbe :
can you manually look for an older email from more than two weeks ago and search for a specific phrase in that email

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
but it won't go back and search for things a month ago etc... Yes i can manually go back but a phrase will not work either

bigbearbe :
that is quite odd..

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
and a pain :(
I have over 3,000 emails - would that be a problem?

bigbearbe :
wow. It may be considering that you are only allocated so much space. You never delete your emails at all?

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
yes i do - many are in the trash -
how much space - how many emails are you allocated?

bigbearbe :
which email provider are you using

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
AOL

bigbearbe :
Im sorry, wrong question. What web browser are you using

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
Safari. what is their contact info?

bigbearbe : but this seems to be more of a search engine issue that is covered by AOL. Would you like the AOL contact information?

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
ok. what do you mean "covered" by aol?

bigbearbe :
email searched are a function that is part of the AOL email delivery system. If there is a problem where their search engines are not picking up from your email account, that either means their search engine is not processing correctly. Or just cannot handle the search bandwidth from the amount of emails you have

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
ok - how would that get fixed?

bigbearbe :
Have you tried deleting or archiving a few 100 emails just to test. If not, can you please go ahead and try

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
i will try to delete a 100 or so

bigbearbe :
ok. lets see how that goes first. if it still doesnt work, then lets reach out to AOL

JACUSTOMER-nthf2uvp- :
YAY!! deleting 100 emails worked! thanks!!

bigbearbe :
awesome!

JustAnswer-Eric