Email

When I try to sign in to facebook on my new iPad3 I get an…

When I try to sign...
When I try to sign in to facebook on my new iPad3 I get an error message "Incorrect WI-Fi Passord". I know that I have a problem with passwords for some of my applications. Can you help me? Thanks in advance. Connie... Read full answer
When I try to sign in to facebook on my new iPad3 I get an error message "Incorrect WI-Fi Passord". I know that I have a problem with passwords for some of my applications. Can you help me? Thanks in advance. Connie
10/15/2012
John-MBA
John-MBA, Computer Enthusiast

John-MBA :

Hello

John-MBA :

I am John and I will try to help you.

John-MBA :

Are you able to log into facebook from safari browser in your ipad ?

Customer:

Good, John, thanks

John-MBA :

Customer:

Yes, but, I was trying to go through mail on the ipad. Is that my problem? I don't get the error message if I go through safari...

John-MBA :

Are you getting the error while using the facebook app ?

Customer:

Oops, now, I am typing on my desktop computer and on the ipad, the error message popped up again. I have an option to Cancel or Join... What now?

John-MBA :

Cancel that.

John-MBA :

On your Home screen tap Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Setting.

Customer:

okay... now what?

John-MBA :

Try logging out of facebook app and log in again.

Customer:

And when it asks for my password XXXXX "2WIRE269" (my computer), do I enter the 10 digit number passcode from my computer?

John-MBA :

facebook password XXXXX your wifi password ?

Customer:

wifi, I guess... I am challenged, as you can see...

I signed in using the 10 digit passcode, then, entered my facebook password XXXXX got in. I am going to leave for a little while and will see if I get the error message again when I get back. I will reply to you at that time and rate your service.

John-MBA :

ok

John-MBA :

let me know if the same issue happens again.

Customer:

Yes, I will...thanks

John-MBA :

ok

Customer:

Same issue... I have entered an incorrect wifi password. So the 10 digit # XXXXX not what I needed...

Customer:

You are offline, so, I will check with you later...

Customer:

Are you available to chat?

John-MBA :

Yes

John-MBA :

Is it working now ?

Customer:

No, I get into facebook then in a few minutes the message "Incorrect Wifi Password" pops up. At one point the message said "If you do not want to be asked to join wifi networks you can turn feature off in wifi settings". What does this mean? I suppose I need to change my wifi password, right?

Customer: Are you working today?
John-MBA :

I will opt out and assign another expert.

yourITpro
yourITpro, Computer Systems Analyst
Hi. I'm Paul and would like to help you further.

Could you please do the following for me:

1)Can you go to settings, wifi, then click the arrow to the right of your network on the list. Then click on forget this network.

2)Then go back into settings, wifi and select your network again. It will then ask you for your key, enter this. It should then reconnect (should see a tick and fan looking icon next to the network).

Please know you will have to be basic with me... my husband died and left me to deal with this technology... lol! Do I go into facebook to look for settings? Sorry to be so unknowing about these things... I never had to... I am learning, here... Thank you in advance...

Hi. Let me first say that I'm very sorry to hear about your husband.

Settings is actually found on the iPad on its main screen. The icon will be a picture of a cog.

Hope this helps.
yourITpro
yourITpro, Computer Systems Analyst
Hi. Im from the UK, so just about to go offline for the night. If you can please let me know how you get on. I will help you some more tomorrow :)

I did that and entered the 10 digit number I have mentioned a number of times. Still having problems... Let me know when you are available tomorrow. I was in the UK two weeks ago...

Hi. So you entered your wireless access key. What happened then? Did you get a tick and fan icon on the network?If you take a look at the link, it shows a picture of what I'm talking about (tick and fan icon).http://db.tt/8XGPxOOP
Also does your. iPad have a sim in it? A sim card makes it possible to browse the Internet without being connected to your wifi. This might explain the issue, as you may be entering an incorrect wifi password, but it still allows you to browse the web using its 3G signal (you should see a 3G icon in the top left of the iPad screen).

Figured out I was typing the wrong wifi password XXXXX one number. Sorry to have bothered you... Do you suggest I get a sim for my iPad? Would I need this if I am not near my own wifi? As I have said, my husband always took care of my computers, so, I am limited in my knowledge...

Hi. That's great news :)

Sim cards are a good idea if you want to use the iPad away from home. But if you only need to use it at home I wouldnt bother.

If you can give me the exact model number (written on the back) I will find out if it's sim capable :)

Model A1403 I was told I could use this iPad globally, if that matters... Thank you

Hi. I can't distinguish based on that model number unfortunately.

Can you have a look on the back for a IMEI number. From what I understand this number will only be present if it's capable of using a sim. If the number isn't there then it's not.

Hope this helps.

IMEI/MEID 990001272267303.

Great. The yes it is capable of using 3G (a sim card).

It you want to test if yours has a sim already turn off wifi. To turn it off go back to settings, then click wifi and turn wifi off. If you can still browse the web, then you must have a sim in it already.

It works! You have helped me, thanks again.

No problem at all. That does explain why you were still being able to browse the Internet when you put the wrong password XXXXX earlier.

I suggest you always use wifi when your at home though.

Of you ever need anything else just ask :)
yourITpro
yourITpro, Computer Systems Analyst
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Cannot receive email on my iPad. Connection is fine. Using
Nothing new. This just started yesterday. Prior, worked fine. … read more
Computer Technican,
Not able to connect to server to get into webmail to get my
not able to connect to server to get into webmail to get my messages … read more
It Support Specialist,
I am unable to log into my account. It cannot connect with
I am unable to log into my account***@******.***. It cannot connect with me as I do not remember my sign in password … read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I am having some problems with my Facebook page for Dîner en
I am having some problems with my Facebook page for Dîner en Blanc on my email [email protected] iCloud.com account. Once I am on the page an try to sign-in I get an error message. Please help. I need this pa… read more
AAS Information Technology
I have been having trouble with facebook acct. I tried
I have been having trouble with facebook acct. I tried changing my password ***** facebook told me it had been logged on in Illionis. I couldn't get the codes they gave me to work and facebook said I … read more
I'm trying to recover my google account! Its sends my a text
Hello I'm trying to recover my google account ! Its sends my a text an I put the code in an then it asks for an email an I do that an put another code in then it says it can't verify its me. When I ju… read more
Senior Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I just purchased a new Kindle and am having trouble
I just purchased a new Kindle and am having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi … read more
Jeevan DSouza
Jeevan DSouza
Professor,
PhD
I can't get tech service for Facebook. Not ago but I can't
Not long ago but I can't remember the password to do my admin changes to my account … read more
IT Manager,
I purchased a new Kindle today, Amazon helped me register
I purchased a new Kindle today, Amazon helped me register and retreve some of my data from the old one. I am not able to retrieve my face book account, messenger, or email. They told me because my ema… read more
It Support Specialist,
I have two fb accounts one has a picture of my son and the
I have two fb accounts one has a picture of my son and the other one doesn't . I can only get to the one without the picture and it's not me. My stepdaughter opened this acct and now I can't get to my… read more
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna
Sr System Administrator,
Associates in General Studies
I forgot my password. Also I have multiple google accounts.
I forgot my password. Also I have multiple google accounts. Does it make difference which one I use? … read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
Ther I am having a problem signing ino my facebook account
hi ther I am having a problem signing ino my facebook account some one changed my password ***** I now have a different email and can't reset it, can you help me … read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I just purchased a Kindle reader and am having a lot of
I just purchased a Kindle reader and am having a lot of trouble connecting to my home network. … read more
It Support Specialist,
I have netgear DC112A cradle and when I coonect my Telstra
I have netgear DC112A cradle and when I coonect my Telstra 4GX advance 111 to the cradle I loose the net connection and get amessage on the 4G advance screen 'hotspot Wi Fiinactive using smart cradle … read more
The issue is I can't login or reset my password ***** click
Hi. The issue is I can't login or reset my password ***** click on the forget password. I've tried soo many things. Even new emails. And nothing. I do not want to set up another Facebook account. I wa… read more
I have an email account. I use Outlook 2010. We had some
I have an email account***@******.***. I use Outlook 2010. We had some wi-fi issues and the phone company came and fixed the wi-fi. When they did so my email stooped working and i have not been able t… read more
Computer Scientist,
My facebook account is set up with an email address when I
My facebook account is set up with an email address when I was an optonline customer. Today someone used my computer and switched to their facebook acct. When I tried to log back into my account on my… read more
It Support Specialist,
My yahoo email works fine on my laptop. When I try to access
My yahoo email works fine on my laptop. When I try to access it on my iphone it asks me to enter a password. If I enter the password ***** works on my laptop, I get a server unavailable message. If I … read more
Nick H.
Nick H.
Desktop Support Engineer,