Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

When I tried to log into my hotmail account, it says, "It looks

like someone else might be...
When I tried to log into my hotmail account, it says, "It looks like someone else might be using your account." and blocks me from accessing my own account. It sent the security code I can use to reactive my account to an email account I no longer have access to. What else can I do? I really want my account back! Please help!
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2012
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Engineer
Hi, it's great to meet you. I'm Engineer Thomas and I'm determined to assist you! If I personally have given you valuable information or helped you, please remember to rate my answer positively or otherwise please click 'reply' or 'continue conversation' anytime and I will very gladly assist you further!

Being unable to use your Hotmail-MSN-Live account properly can be so frustrating! Have you tried the recovery method steps below? Please be sure you have followed them exactly.

Method 1 (best option):
Please go to this page:
Click Here ( http://account.live.com/acsr )
Do not fill out any billing related fields.
Hotmail support will ask you for an alternative email address for them to contact you on. If you don't have an alternative e-mail address, you can create one via google at: http://mail.google.com

Method 2:
Please visit this page: Click Here ( http://account.live.com/password/reset )
Select "I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID" and then select "Reset password"
On the next screen, type in your email address and the image code.
- Click on 'Customer support'. Hotmail support will ask you for an alternative email address for them to contact you on. If you don't have an alternative e-mail address, you can create one via google at: Click Here ( http://mail.google.com )
- Please fill out as much information as possible on the following pages, as it will help Hotmail verify that you are the correct owner of the account.
In approximately 1-2 days, you will be contacted by Microsoft support staff to assist you with access to your account.

If all else fails, you may attempt to use these Microsoft, Windows Live and/or Hotmail phone numbers: 1-800-386-5550 or 1-866-672-4551. Please be aware that these are generally for Hotmail Plus (paid) members, however they may help you anyway.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Please remember to rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you are not satisfied or confident that you have the necessary information, please instead stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank-you!
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Engineer
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Engineer