Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

How can I transfer my AOL address book to my iPad?

How can I transfer my...

How can I transfer my AOL address book to my iPad? I use Windows 7.

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/20/2012
jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support

Go into the app store on your iPad and locate the app called "Funambol Sync".
Download and install it. Once installed, run it. Click ‘ok’ if you get a credential warning. When/if prompted for the server use:
http://msync.aol.com/sync

When prompted with your username and password, insert them. Once finished, go back to the main screen of funambol and tap ‘sync contacts’.
Let me know how it goes. To my knowledge the app is still free, or very very cheap.

When I search for Funambol Sync, I always get OneMediaHub, which is produced by funambol. I have opened an account there and I do not get any instructions as you have indicated. What next?

They changed their mind. It’s been awhile since I set it up.
Yes it is OneMediaHub.
Here's the link in which you can download to iTunes, and then sync to your IPAD:
http://itunes.apple.com/cy/app/onemediahub-for-ios/id525009716?mt=8

Once you have the account set up, on the iPad, you can create the AOL portion.
But anyway, there may be a better path.
Have you configured your AOL account on your iPad so that your iPad receives and sends email through it?

Here I found it:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/funv10/id284457844?mt=8

On your iPad, search for FunV10.
That will be the app I initially referred to. Then the instructions should make more sense.

jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support

Thanks. I have got funv10, but was not asked to set up a new account, but was asked for username and password. I have tried the ones I used for OneMediaHub and various others to no effect. HELP.

The username and password it's going to want is for AOL I believe.
Try using your email address and password.
First go here though, sign in, and make sure that your device is accepted to sync.
http://aolsync.aol.com/main.do
Here's the entire breakdown on the process, some with pictures:
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=219009#faq1

Though don't hesitate to let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

Thanks for that. I think that I have synced the machines, but I cannot find the AOL address book anywhere in the iPad.

So you synced it based on the pictures shown (clicking contacts as one to be synced).
Should be just contacts.
Try restarting the iPad, and be sure inside Funambol that you have selected contacts as something to sync/import from AOL assuming your AOL contacts are there.
Lastly, you'll also want to be sure that the device is allowed to sync.
This link I gave you should have the option to determine if your iPad is allowed to sync:
http://aolsync.aol.com/main.do

A lot of this is based off memory. It’s been awhile since I synced an iPad to AOL. The process was always pretty straight forward assuming the contacts were on AOL's server. Each contact service you sync with has its own address book/group.

You can turn address books off individually for each account from the "contacts" sliders on the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" page of the Settings app, or can select between address books on the Groups page in Contacts.

If you select "All Contacts" on that group’s page, you will see contacts from all address books at once.

You'll have one in there called AOL or Funambol now.

Check and let me know.

It all seems fine, thanks.
jnayes
jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support