Engineer-Thomas
Engineer-Thomas, Engineer
Experience:  Professional Engineer & technology consultant
62914567

Im having problems with my hotmail account I have used for

I'm having problems with my hotmail account I have used for years. I can no longer get into it. How can I get help and set up a new password? All my attemps so far have not worked, and I can't get to my email.

Tim
I'm Engineer Thomas and I'm glad to hopefully help you today. If my answers haven't quite solved your issue, please reply anytime and I will very gladly assist you further!

Being unable to use your Hotmail-MSN-Live account properly can be so frustrating! Have you tried the recovery method steps below? Please be sure you have followed them exactly.

Method 1:
Please go to this page:
Click Here ( http://account.live.com/acsr )
Do not fill out any billing related fields.
Hotmail support will ask you for an alternative email address for them to contact you on. If you don't have an alternative e-mail address, you can create one via google at: http://mail.google.com

Method 2:
Please visit this page: Click Here ( http://account.live.com/password/reset )
Select "I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID" and then select "Reset password"
On the next screen, type in your email address and the image code.
- Click on 'Customer support'. Hotmail support will ask you for an alternative email address for them to contact you on. If you don't have an alternative e-mail address, you can create one via google at: Click Here ( http://mail.google.com )
- Please fill out as much information as possible on the following pages, as it will help Hotmail verify that you are the correct owner of the account.
- On one of the final pages, the site will open a secure page for you to communicate with a member of the Microsoft support team, please ensure that you bookmark this page to access it later. The link to this page will also be e-mailed to the alternative e-mail address you specified earlier.

Please ensure that you note down the PIN number given to you during the support process.
In approximately 1-2 days, you will be contacted by Microsoft support staff to assist you with access to your account.

If all else fails, you may attempt to use these Microsoft, Windows Live and/or Hotmail phone numbers: 1-800-386-5550 or 1-866-672-4551. Please be aware that these are generally for Hotmail Plus (paid) members, however they may help you anyway.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Please remember to rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you are not satisfied or confident that you have the necessary information, please instead stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank-you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tryed some of these, but not all. I will try them and cross my fingers. Should I need additional support from "just answer" how do I get that? Tim Speller
Hi Tim,

Great, let me know how it goes. You're more than welcome to continue replying here until the issue is resolved.

If you're happy with my assistance so far, please don't forget to rate my answer so I receive credit for my work. You can follow up with me at any time.

Thank you!