Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I can open my msn email account, however, I cannot open the

Customer Question
messages in my in box?...
I can open my msn email account, however, I cannot open the messages in my in box?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Email
6/11/2012
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 years ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Do you have XP, Vista, or 7?

xp

Note: Please press CTRL+D on your keyboard to save this page as a favorite/bookmark or return through your email links if you setup your email address with Justanswer. The steps below will cause you to lose connection with our chat for a couple of minutes.

1. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (Including this chat)
  2. If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

1. Click the Advanced tab.
  2. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
  3. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  4. Start Internet Explorer again.

Try again

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Before I can say I am satisfied, I have to try your solution. Once I try it and it works, I will gladly tell you I am satisfied.
OK no problem!
I tried this Josh and it did not work.
Thank you for the update Cheryl.

Please try downloading Firefox and see if it will work using Firefox.

Click here ---> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Download/install/use to browse

Josh, That did not work either
Please click here ---> https://hotmail.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Are you able to access the emails using the link?

Josh, I can get into my account, but I still cannot access the emails.
Open Internet Explorer

Click on Tools(If it does not appear then press ALT on your keyboard) then click on InPrivate Browsing

Are you able to access your emails inPrivate browsing?
No Josh, I cannot.
How long ago did this start?
It has happened a couple of times in the past, but has resolved itself. But, I have been trying all day today and have not been able to access my emails.
Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore

Select a date (Yesterday or before you had this issue)

Your computer will restart. After the restart please see if you have the issue

Note: Press CTRL+D to save this page as a favorite so you can return to it after the restart

I tried another email account and it worked. So, I tried my account again, and it worked. I believe it must have been a hotmail issue, but I do not believe you solved my issue.
Hi Cheryl,

If your account has worked now then it was one of the previous steps we have used.

I am glad it was resolved; have a great night!

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Josh, Computer Enthusiast