Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have a new IPhone 4S. I use Outlook 2007 to get my Comcast

I have a new IPhone...
I have a new IPhone 4S. I use Outlook 2007 to get my Comcast account emails which show up on my computer in my Outlook but not on my new IPhone 4S. Before my new IPhone I used my Blackberry and only received emails from my Outlook when my computer was turned off. How do I forward my emails to my IPhone as it appears I have missed something.

Thanks
1/18/2012
Nick H.
Nick H., Email Specialist

NickEmailExpert :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your email issues.

NickEmailExpert :

What you can do is go to Settings on your iphone 4S

NickEmailExpert :

go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendar

NickEmailExpert :

add an account

NickEmailExpert :

ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Your name
and your camcast.net email address for address and for description
INCOMING MAIL SERVER
Host Name:mail.comcast.net
then your user name and password

OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (SMTP)
Host Name:smtp.caomcast.net
Username and passwprd optional

NickEmailExpert :

Please setup and try to send an email to yourself to see if it will send

NickEmailExpert :

If you cannot send, for SMTP outgoing, please put in user name and password

NickEmailExpert :

Port number is XXXXX

Customer:

I have done that already...put in my Host name as mail.comcast.net etc. I sent the email to myself and it just comes to my Outlook Acct on my computer and not to my IPhone.

Customer:

I have listed as my server port on my IPhone as 465. Should it be 25 per your instructions?

NickEmailExpert :

give me a second

NickEmailExpert :

so you set your iphone to 465?

NickEmailExpert :

do you set SSL on?

Customer:

I had my phone set up at Verizon store. My setting "User SSL" is 'on'

NickEmailExpert :

you can send email but cannot receive?

NickEmailExpert :

please go to email settings

NickEmailExpert :

please click Advanced

NickEmailExpert :

for incoming settings

NickEmailExpert :

do you have SSL on?

NickEmailExpert :

port 995

Customer:

I have received both of your last 2 emails on both my outlook on my computer and on my IPhone!

NickEmailExpert :

great!

NickEmailExpert :

try to send you an email again

NickEmailExpert :

see if you can receive it

Customer:

I want to make sure I have my settings right. What ports should I have on?

NickEmailExpert :

for incoming 995 SSL on

NickEmailExpert :

SMTP 465 SSL on

NickEmailExpert :

authentication => password

Customer:

I tried to send an email fro

NickEmailExpert :

you can check the settings on this page

NickEmailExpert :

it's about half page down

Customer:

I tried to send an email to my self from my IPhone to my Comcast account and it says "the sender address was rejected by the server"

NickEmailExpert :

check that link

NickEmailExpert :

or you can just delete the account

NickEmailExpert :

and setup from the beginning

NickEmailExpert :

just follow the guide on that page

NickEmailExpert :

Please let me know if you have issue

Customer:

I changed a couple of the settings per instructions but still cannot send an email. Give me a few minutes and I will reenter all the information per instructions

NickEmailExpert :

sure thanks

Customer:

Hi Nick. Reset everything according to the instructions you sent and it works!!!!

Customer:

Thanks and I should be good

NickEmailExpert :

great!

NickEmailExpert :

Glad I could help you out

Nick H.
Nick H., Email Specialist
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Email Specialist