Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

My msn.com / hotmail account has been hijacked and now appears

Customer Question
in an Arabic language....
My msn.com / hotmail account has been hijacked and now appears in an Arabic language. I received a new password XXXXX accessing it. How can I at least change the language back to English (US) without understanding the foreign language?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Email
1/12/2012
Email technician: Frederick S, Computer Specialist replied 5 years ago
Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL and D keys to bookmark this page.

Please click HERE (sign in if prompted)

Select English (the fifth option - it will be the word "English" in English) then click the RIGHT button at the end of the list (scroll down) ... it should be the button with only one word (not some Arabic text and then a space and then more Arabic text within the same button but the other one).

That should be the "SAVE" button.

Once that's done, Hotmail will be in English once again!

Then, please go here --> http://sn115w.snt115.mail.live.com/mail/options.aspx?subsection=32&n=845203278

Make sure forwarding is not turned on.

Make sure you keep a 100% unique/secure password XXXXX your email account from now on.
I turned forwarding off. I am trying to recover the entire security info. I am waiting for a code to arrive on my mobile phone. It did NOT arrive within more than 30 minutes. I must enter it on the recovery page in order to continue the process of deleting the alternative email address of the hijacker. If I would choose to get the instructions emailed, they would mailed to the hijacker's address too. I cannot exclude that address. The promised code did NOT arrive after about 45 minutes, though the recovery page says: "A code was sent to your SMS device."
You can open a second question on justanswer for new concerns. Thank you.
Sorry. I misread your last response. Go to http://account.live.com/proofs/MarkLost to mark all addresses as lost. As long as your password XXXXX XXXXX they will not be able to access your account to add it back.
I entered http://account.live.com/proofs/MarkLost into the address bar. It made me sign in first. The it comes up with this following address only:
https://account.live.com/summarypage.aspx
I tried twice.
What can I do?
Hi

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the delay. The site was down for a few hours.

Follow these steps -

Go to http://account.live.com/

Sign in

Next to Security Info, click Manage

Click "Delete" next to any alternate email address

Click "Mark them all for removal" on the bottom.

Thanks!
Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Thank you! I myself have found this way (the solution) yesterday, Thursday, already. I tried to contact you, or to find your answer, but could not, now I now that your site was down. I received a blanc answer page only, as often as I tried.
Anyway, the problem has been solved. I went through the email condirmation steps in the alternate account, and so on. You really did help me.
Thank you for the accept. It was down a total of eighteen hours. That shouldn't happen again. Thanks again. No reply required.
Thank you, Frederick S.! I myself have found the way (the solution) yesterday, Thursday, already. I repeatedly tried to contact you, or to find your answer, as your email hinted, but could not. Now I know that your site was down. I received a blank answer page only, as often as I clicked the link to your answer in your email.
Anyway, the problem has been solved. I went through the follow-up email confirmation steps in my alternate accounts for confirming the deletion of the intruder's two accounts, and so on. You really did help me.
I only lost those emails that have been redirected for almost 4 days. In some cases I learned from the senders by phone or in person about their sent and lost emails. Is there a way of retrieving redirected emails (e.g., sent from businesses) without knowing of them, meaning without contacting potential senders to resend them?
Thanks again, Frederick S., for setting me onto the correct path. Also, I slowly start to understand how the hijacker(s) went about. After my page had been switched back into English, I at first did not find any delete button next to the Security items in Managing my website. Therefore, I asked for deleting all alternative accounts (even my own ones), instead. Next, I added my own alternatives again, and so on.
Also, they must have changed or removed my security questions or answers, because my correct answers where not accepted for identifying myself, when I tried to change my password. Nevertheless, I remembered enough unique features of recently sent messages and folder labels that I got the password changed.
Their alternative email address listed on my website was [email protected]. And I found a 3rd address involved as a next link: [email protected] showed up as a recipient somewhere along the way.
I have asked a new question, which has been opened to all email experts: Is there a way for retrieving the lost/redirected emails without knowing of them or contacting possible senders?
Thank you very much for your help so far. I don't need a reply to this note. Thanks.

Hi!

Unfortunately, the email was successfully delivered -- although, it was delivered successfully to another account that was not yours.

There is no way to have it re-sent in that circumstance, unfortunately.

You need to change your security question/answer here asap: https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage

Click "Change" next to the Security question - thanks!
Thanks. I did change my security questions already yesterday. Thanks.
Good bye for now.
You're welcome :)FS
Thank you!
Frederick S
Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist