Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am unable to send email with my Gmail address in outlook.

I can receive it fine...
I am unable to send email with my gmail address in outlook. I can receive it fine. I am using mail.gmail.com as both incoming and outgoing pop3 servers.
12/30/2011
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Are you using Outlook Express? MS Outlook 2003/2007/2010?

For the mail server configuration, please enter the following:

Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com

Outgoing mail server3 (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com

However, you first need to enable POP access in your Gmail account. For more information on how to enable POP access to your Gmail account, please click on this link:

Enable POP in your email account.

For more information on how to setup and configure your Gmail account in MS Outlook, for instance Outlook 2007, please click on this link:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=86374

I hope you find my answer helpful. If you do, please Accept and leave a positive feedback if you are satisfied. A bonus is always greatly appreciated.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Please do not leave a negative feedback. We can continue further until your issue is resolved.

Best regards,
Jess

Your solution did not address my problem. What happens is this: I send an email from Outlook with my gmail edress and it sits in my outbox but can't be sent. I am pretty sure I sent you the text of the msg I get. Occasionally I get a security certificate msg (sorry, I can't be more specific because I haven't received it recently.

I was surprised that I had to pay $38 for the help, my bad. I should have read closer. I could have swore the accept I pushed said .30

Hi, thank you for writing back.

Did you change your Outlook server settings from your old setting to pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com?

Also, having entered the correct server names in your Outlook configuration, please make sure that in your Gmail account, POP is enabled.

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

I havwe taken (and verified) all the steps you suggested. One piece I can add is this is not a problem in Outlook Express which I used on my old PC. When I go into my email account settings and test settings the test fails at the send test message. If I go into the outbox where my mail sits when I try to send from my Gmail account and change the email account used to the sent msg it goes fine. So one of my mail send options in Gmail seems to be the problem.

Reply

Are the emails added to your Outlook Express all @gmail.com accounts?
Are there several emails stored in your Outbox this time? Please delete them.
I no longer use OE on this machine. I am running Windows 7 and MS Outlook. I only have one Gmail account, the one I can't send from. all of the others work just fine. I have one account that comes from my ISP, Charter and one from a domain I own, bunyardsbarnyard. Both work just fine
Did you check the email settings in your Gmail in the web mail (not MS Outlook) to see if you have enabled POP3 and IMAP there?

For more information on how to setup a Gmail account on Outlook 2007, please click on this link:

For more information on how to enable POP and IMAP in your Gmail on the web mail, please click on this link:
Enable POP in your email account.

Also, please delete all emails in your Outbox and try sending email using your Gmail account in your Outlook then see if it works. If it give you an error message and code, please let me know.

Keep me posted.
Jess

Task 'NA - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.5.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 l35sm61305775ibj.0'

Same msg I have been getting all along. It turns out I did not have POP enabled on my gmail account. It is now. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong option for what to do with the Gmail mail and have been getting it all sent to my Outlook mail account. this is mail I have already received so I changed the setting on Gmail and I am deleting it

Yes, you need to visit the email settings page of your Gmail then enable your POP/POP3 access there. When the POP/POP3 is enabled in your Gmail account, that is the time also that you configure your Gmail account in your Outlook 2007.

Also, you enable IMAP in your Gmail account. This is because if Outlook 2007 already configured your Gmail account as IMAP, as it automatically does, then your Outlook will not give that error message.

Please try your Gmail in your Outlook then and see if it works. If the problem persists, please try to delete the Gmail account in your Outlook 2007 then ADD it again.

If this helped, please click the Accept button.

Best regards,
Jess
I run Outlook 2003, not 2007. I will try to follow your suggestions tomorrow unless they are different for Outlook 2003
Thank you for that confirmation. There are 2 things that you need to check here:

1. That in your email settings in your Gmail account in the web, POP and IMAP are both enabled.

For procedures in this, click here:
    Enable POP in your email account.

2. That you configured your MS Outlook 2003 to use your Gmail account.
    For procedures on this, please click here:
    http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77661

I hope that helped.

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist