Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a CD, AM, FM unit. On the face it is labeled MP3

Customer Question
I have a CD...

I have a CD, AM, FM unit. On the face it is labeled MP3 PLAYBACK COMPRESSION DIGITAL RE-MASTER, QUALITY SOUND. CD STEREO SYSTEM SA-EN17. It is in perfect condition and I hv owned for approx 15 years. It is not reading the CD's anymore. Can this be corrected? Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

It is all one unit, Panisonic with player speakers n remote n was purchased as one complete set

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

The speakers are attached n I hv not changed, modified or disconnected them in any way. The unit says reading once the CD is placed in the open player n then says "no disc".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just have no other unit to play my CD's n I realize it is old but the radio works n the failure is only the CD player.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/31/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid_Sony, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to clean the laser lens of this player using a lens cleaning disc that might help to fix it?