Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an older Sony Handycam that seems to not record on…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Sony Handycam that seems to not record on the SD card now. When the camera is fully charged & all supposedly working, any recording goes onto something in the camera itself (well it did a year ago - after several hours taping a 90th birthday party that could have seen me murdered when I realised the blooming SD card was blank after the party). Is the camera shot or have I hit a button that has detoured the recording somehow? Thanks for your help. My daughter's 21st is this Saturday and if I can't fix this I'll have to buy another one. I noticed you have stars against the FDR-AX53 - is this a good one? Is my old one recoverable? Thanks! Val (confused, old person's face emoji here)

Technician's Assistant: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?

Modes??? I just hit record & .. record (?)

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

No, I'm pretty fussy & keep it in good nick, but it is a few years old ???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to either fix this or what he/she recommends as a new camera please. I don't want to lose any more special moments!

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 24 days ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you try putting in a different SD card and tell me how it works with that please?