Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Book "South moon under" Alexa will only read beginning at…

Customer Question
Book "South moon under"...

Book "South moon under" Alexa will only read beginning at Chapter 10, I can't reset to chapter i

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle model 7 I believe

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Ever since I downloaded the book . Have many more that work OK. I went to Alexa APP and tried to reset. I can reset all of the others.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Navigate in the Alexa companion app, into the new Kindle Books section, to see which of your titles Alexa can read to you.

Only a handful of titles aren't supported by the new service.

Perhaps the one that begins at chapter 10, is one of those that is only available as a sample beginning at page 10 ? if the book is in the Kindle Books section of the Alexa companion app, without any such indication, then you might want to contact Amazon Customer Support to let them know, there may be a problem with this one e-book, that might make Alexa not able to read it beginning at Chapter 1 page 1.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.