Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Husqvarna S25 serger touch screen does not work. I touch,

Customer Question
My Husqvarna S25 serger...

My Husqvarna S25 serger touch screen does not work. I touch, nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: What's the serger's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 3 years old, Huskylock S25

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The machine does work. The touch screen just doesn't work

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

One possible cause of this is contamination on the touchscreen.

First, try wiping the screen with a slightly damp cloth.

Also try removing any debris that has built up around the edge of the screen by carefully using a pin to clean around the edges.

If cleaning doesn't help then the touchscreen has a fault and the machine will need to be sent to your local dealer for repair.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------