Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic KX-TG6434 digital cordless phone system…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic KX-TG6434 digital cordless phone system working OK until a few months ago. I can no longer access the Caller List either by the screen prompts or by entering the code #213 for that feature. The message "no link -- reconnect to base adapter" shows up on all four of the handsets when this attempt is made. The handsets will reconnect themselves after a short time. I have unplugged the base adapter a few times to reboot it, re-registered all the handsets to the base and changed all the batteries for new a couple of days ago and this problem persists. Is the base adapter faulty since all handsets behave the same way? What to do?

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your KX-TG6434 system, or was it bought separately?

The handsets and base were bought as a set in 2010 and worked fine until a few months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else pertinent.

4/12/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

I have done this with one of the four handsets and I get the same result "no link -- reconnect to base adapter" with this and a second handset, plus "recharge for 7 hrs" on the set with the batteries removed.

ok.. the handset needs batteries in it, can you put the batteries back into it please?

Richard, Customer Service
Phone call session started
I had already put the batteries back in the handset. Whenever I remove them, it provokes the "charge" message.

please give me a phone number I can call you on

Richard: On the phone consult, you told me to disconnect the Frontier service to the house and disconnect the base adapter from power for 10 minutes. I did that OK but could not reconnect the Frontier service properly so I now have no Frontier phone service and my handsets cannot be tested. It will be a week before Frontier can make a service call to correct the problem. Please cancel this request and refund the deposit and any other charges for a job incomplete and unsatisfactory. Edward P. Hammond

You just need to connect the power again to the Frontier unit and then wait 5 minutes for it to start, it will not take a week to do..

I wasn't working with the box feed outside the house. I was disconnecting the incoming leads in the house terminal block which distributes to 3 other uses of phone service branching out from there. Difficult to access now, It proved too difficult to reconnect all 8-10 wires on the two involved terminals and keep them straight. It's a 40 year old system which has been added to over the years. The Frontier Tech will be here next week to rationalize the system and most likely bring it up to date.