Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

One handset of cordless system suddenly lost dial tone

One handset of cordless...

One handset of cordless system suddenly lost dial tone connection to make outgoing calls. battery good but gets only one ring to announce incoming call but if you pick it up to try to answer there is no connection. 2nd handset works as does base.

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your system, or was it bought separately?

Came with system ATT CL84365. It worked ok for years then just stopped. Displace screen says "unable to call. try again" but not dial tone

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

No. Only two handsets. only one will not work

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Please let me know the results
Thank you

Phone jack and power cord or just power cord?
typing in good

just power cord

All is good -Thanks I forgot the first answer - always reboot

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service