Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

H ow do I set time and date on my Uniden DECT XS1210. XS1210…

H ow do I...

H ow do I set time and date on my Uniden DECT XS1210

Technician's Assistant: What Uniden system do you have?

XS1210 Uniden XDECT

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Uniden system? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing the phone was disconnected due to installing NBN box and needs to be reset

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

4/9/2018
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you able to make calls on the phone at the moment?

Please let me know

Thank you

We can use the phones. What happened was: our UPS needed to be disconnected which meant no phones until power outlets were transferred to a power board. We could then use the phones and our NBN modem was installed after disconnecting the old one. Yesterday we had a light flashing at top of all handsets and the previous day's date and time were flashing on the read out. I tried to reset time/date on the main console but I didn't know what I was doing. I perhaps pressed something as the flashing light went off - the date and time is still flashing on read out as 'SUN 12:00 PM'. So it seems all I need is an instruction to reset time and date.However, the phones work without this.

Thanks

Please do the following

Press the "Select" button on the phone base once to enter time setting mode.

Use the up and down arrow buttons to switch between "12h," for 12-hour display, and "24h," for 24-hour display. Press the "Enter" button when your preference is on the screen.

Change the hours unit by pressing the up or down arrow buttons and press "Enter."

Adjust the minutes unit with the up or down arrow buttons and press "Enter" to save the setting.

Choose "AM" or "PM" with the up or down arrow buttons if you are using the 12-hour display, and press "Enter." The screen will return to standby mode with the current time.

Let me know how you go please

H ow do I set time and date on my Uniden...

Technician's Assistant: What Uniden system do you have?

XS1210 Uniden XDECT

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Uniden system? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing the phone was disconnected due to installing NBN box and needs to ... view full09 April 2018 05:4809 April 2018 05:51
Electronics TechnicianThank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Are you able to make calls on the phone at the moment?Please let me knowThank you10 April 2018 09:55
We can use the phones. What happened was: our UPS needed to be disconnected which meant no phones until power outlets were transferred to a power board. We could then use the phones and our NBN modem was installed after disconnecting the old one. Yesterday we had a light flashing at top of all handsets and the previous day's date and time were flashing on the read out. I tried to reset time/date on the main console but I didn't know what I was doing. I perhaps pressed something as the flashing light went off - the date and time is still flashing on read out as 'SUN 12:00 PM'. So it seems all I need is an instruction to reset time and date.However, the phones work without this.10 April 2018 07:14
Electronics TechnicianThanksPlease do the followingPress the "Select" button on the phone base once to enter time setting mode.Use the up and down arrow buttons to switch between "12h," for 12-hour display, and "24h," for 24-hour display. Press the "Enter" button when your preference is on the screen.Change the hours unit by pressing the up or down arrow buttons and press "Enter."Adjust the minutes unit with the up or down arrow buttons and press "Enter" to save the setting.Choose "AM" or "PM" with the up or down arrow buttons if you are using the 12-hour display, and press "Enter." The screen will return to standby mode with the current time.Dear ***** I wrote you a reply but it seems to have disappeared. Thank you for your prompt and helpful replies. We would recommend your service and company. We don’t want to take up the ‘upgrade’ offer - we want to opt out of the 7-day contract period for the $5 fee and not take up a full contract. Can I leave this with you or report to the appropriate department?
Regards
Marilyn Quirk

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Customer Service
THIS IS A COPY TO RICHARD OF e mail just sent to [email protected]:
This is the third message I have sent to you and your continue to ignore them. My PC has been out of work since Thursday pm.
I was in contact with a consultant who asked me to hold on as my matter was given to anther consultant. They did not come back for 35 minutes so I hung up.
I complained that you had taken more than the $5 trial money out of our account. This WAS NOT a commitment we made. I requested that we be returned the nearly $50 you took from our account.
I repeat- we do NOT WANT YOUR CONTRACT. Now we are being told what our account will mean to us.
We don’t have an account with you as we stated three days ago - please fix. This is a scam and in Australia we have a government department to which we can apply to deal with these matters.
What happened to my queries? What happened to the consultant?
I expect some action from you ASAP.
Richard was the person who was my first contact and I will also send this to him hoping to get you moving on this.
Marilyn Quirk